iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Remembering how to run a Wood-Mizer again.

Started by Bibbyman, June 03, 2021, 03:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

caveman

Quote from: YellowHammer on June 03, 2021, 03:55:08 PMI still remember watching your videos from back when.
I watched your videos when trying to learn to operate Accuset 11.  I can understand you a little easier than Doug (4x4 American).  It is good to see you posting again.
Caveman

moosehunter

"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

farmfromkansas

That Mary is dangerous with her guns.  Think we should hire her to take care of the thieves plaguing us.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

stavebuyer

@Bibbyman 

Glad that you and Mary are enjoying a well earned retirement. Thank you for the multitude of informative posts that took countless hours to compose in order to share your Wood-Mizer knowledge and expertise. That information was crucial to aiding me learn and understand how to develop my own sawmill. 

petefrom bearswamp

good to hear from you.
Useful sawmill mods is one of the best and longest running threads here and I did quite a few of them.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

moodnacreek

Playing with guns is an acceptable excuse for not sawing wood.

pineywoods

1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

Stephen1

Great to see you posting and enjoying your retirement. Thank you for dropping in. It's always great to see people form the past visit.
I actually used 2 of Mary's saw horses that I built 15 years ago when I first came on the forum. I was thinking at the time of you 2!  And here you are .
IDRY Vacum Kiln, LT40HDWide, BMS250 sharpener/setter 742b Bobcat, TCM forklift, Sthil 026,038, 461. 1952 TEA Fergusan Tractor

slider

welcome back Bibby and Mary glad you are doing well.
al glenn

Brucer

Hey, Gary, good to hear from you again.

I semi-retired 5 years ago and made it official in 2019. Like you, I kept the mill for my own use & pleasure. Now people keep calling up to see if I'll cut "just this one log". No!
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

paul case

Quote from: alan gage on June 03, 2021, 03:58:16 PM
I'd say you're doing pretty darn good considering I thought you were dead. :)

Just assumed you'd died and am glad to learn I was wrong.

Alan
Didn't they say that about John Wayne in one of his movies and his reply was ''Not hardly". 
Hey anyone with a LT40 that has all 4 backstops that raise together has Bib to thank as WM copied his design if'n I remember correctly. So THANK YOU SIR!
I was kind of wondering the other day when we was fixing on our mill if your equipment ever got used anymore. Good to hear from you!
PC
life is too short to be too serious. (some idiot)
2013 LT40SHE25 and Riehl edger,  WM 94 LT40 hd E15. Cut my sawing ''teeth'' on an EZ Boardwalk
sawing oak.hickory,ERC,walnut and almost anything else that shows up.
Don't get phylosophical with me. you will loose me for sure.
pc

Thank You Sponsors!