iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Horizontal Reciprocating Sawmill

Started by Drubison, August 26, 2021, 08:54:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drubison

I am looking for help on images and information regarding this type of sawmill.  It is around a 1881 model from the only stamping I have found on one pulley.  The stamp in the casting said Oct 25, 81.  Any information would be helpful as my father is working on restoring this piece.  I believe it was orignally patented by Simon Kemper of Berger, MO in 1871 from all the research I have tried to do.  

Old Greenhorn

Wow, this is pretty cool! Lets see if somebody comes up with some info. I have never heard of anything like this.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

barbender

This is in the wrong section, if it is in the sawmills and milling section you will get more replys. One of the moderators will probably move it. All of that said, what a cool piece of equipment! Hopefully someone knows a bit about them, I've not seen one before. Only reciprocating log cut off saws.
Too many irons in the fire

Ljohnsaw

John Sawicky

Just North-East of Sacramento...

SkyTrak 9038, Ford 545D FEL, Davis Little Monster backhoe, Case 16+4 Trencher, Home Built 42" capacity/36" cut Bandmill up to 54' long - using it all to build a timber frame cabin.

Ron Wenrich

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Drubison

Thank You Sponsors!