LogRite Open House 2022

Started by Tam-i-am, March 08, 2022, 10:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tam-i-am

Not sure we can call it an annual open house as we skipped the last two years, but this will be our 8th Open House.  Saturday, April 23 from 8 am - 3 pm  Rain or shine at our facility in Vernon, CT.

Joining us will be Wood-Mizer, STIHL, Brant&Cochran, OESCO who will be representing Tajfun and Felco, and New England Pine Timber Co.  Local companies attending will be Able Tool, Distinctive Tree Care, Parkerville Wood Products and Broad Brook Turnings.  Sickline Carving and the UConn Woodsmens Team will be sawing, chopping, axe throwing and chainsaw carving.

New England Pine Timber Co is a fairly new company making chainsaw mills.  They also sell slabs and timber.  The owner and Kevin have similar engineering backgrounds and somehow have found their way into this industry.  They are located not far from our shop.  Check out what they do.  https://www.newenglandpine.com/chainsaw-mills

Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

LeeB

Logrite, me thinks.  :D :D :D :D
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Crusarius

hmm my wifes family is in bristol. This may be in the cards but I am not sure.

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Crusarius on March 08, 2022, 02:58:39 PM
hmm my wifes family is in bristol. This may be in the cards but I am not sure.
That's not too far from us!

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Old Greenhorn

I also saw on the LogRite FB page that Woodmizer will be at this event. Should be a good place to ask questions. I went to the LogRite page this morning to grab the date for my calendar and see that it is not mentioned there at all that I can find? I can't be positive, but for sure I am doing what I can to make it to this and meet the folks. I should see you in Boonville also assuming all goes well.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Tam-i-am

Quote from: Old Greenhorn on March 17, 2022, 11:41:48 AM
I also saw on the LogRite FB page that Woodmizer will be at this event. Should be a good place to ask questions. I went to the LogRite page this morning to grab the date for my calendar and see that it is not mentioned there at all that I can find? I can't be positive, but for sure I am doing what I can to make it to this and meet the folks. I should see you in Boonville also assuming all goes well.
It is my fault it is not on my website!  I'll try to get that fixed up today.
Yes, it will be a good place to ask questions as Wood-Mizer will not be selling the demo units as they are borrowing mine to demo.  So you will be able to see the LT15 wide and LT50.
New England Pine will be demonstrating their newest model chainsaw mill.  I mention that because we get a lot of people who don't have much experience with saw mills and it is a good way to compare when the machines are both present at the same time.  Makes me miss the Sawmill Shootout! 

DR Buck

Even though I'm retired from sawmilling and drying, Kitty and I plan on making the trek from Virginia up to Logrite.  It will be great to see Tammy & Kevin as well as all that attend the open house.
Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

Tam-i-am

Dave and Kitty it will be great to see you!

Is Kitty coming to check out the Georgia legs named for her?

Tammy

Jeff

Anyone else going? Tammy and I have are rooms booked and qill be there. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Oh this is gonna be super! I ordered 2 pairs of picnic table legs last week partly as a way to assure me that I will be there to pick them up. ;D
 Sounds like a great visit coming up! It's a 2.5 hour drive for me, so I'm not sure how long we will be there. Also not sure who is going with me yet, either my buddy Bill or my wife.
 Really looking forward to it!
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.

Crusarius

hour drive for me, unfortunately my wifes work schedule and family stuff got in the way. maybe next time. Of course next time I am in CT I will have to swing by.

Old Greenhorn

Quote from: Jeff on April 17, 2022, 06:20:31 PM
Anyone else going? Tammy and I have are rooms booked and will be there. :)
Jeepers Jeff, you are getting a lot of road time these days! Georgia last weekend, now CT? You're going to need  a vacation after all that. :D

Jeff

Yea, itll take all summer at the cabin to recover!

Walnut Beast

Sounds like it's going to be fantastic for the lucky one going for sure

Old Greenhorn

So it sounds like 4 to 6 of us will be there. I sure hope some more wander in. We haven't heard from Dennis @terrifictimbersllc  and I wonder if we might see him there, he is fairly close. Heck, if he can make the trip to MI, he could probably find his way to LogRite. :D

Jeff

We hope to be there by 6pm friday night. Hopefully. @Tam-i-am , how long from your place to ours?14 hrs? You guys have driven it many times.

Old Greenhorn

Jeff, I assume you are taking 80-81-84 as your route and avoiding the shortcut through Canada because of the border crossing slow-downs?
 If that is true, you will be following pretty much the same route we took home from the pig roast. We were 'just under 15 hours door to door'. Now Vernon is a 2.5 hour drive for us and 1/2 hour of that is from our house down to I84 which is the route you will be on at that point, so I would say you will likely be closer to 16 hours, perhaps a little more. Now lets see what Tammy says, she should know better. ;D It is what it is, just drive safe because I am really looking forward to seeing you folks again.

Tam-i-am

Been a long time since we went that way, we have been cutting through Canada for years.
I don't usually drive which means I am usually asleep.  So that all makes me a terrible person to ask.  Kevin says 12 hours but I seem to remember it being more.  I will say when we leave the pig roast early Sunday we are able to get home on Sunday.

Well Google Maps says 11 hrs 57 mins if you go through Canada.  Apparently, they never had to go through Customs.
Looks more like 13-14 hours depending which route you go.

Crusarius

add at least 2 hours at each border for customs!!

Jeff

We can't go through Canada. Our passports are expired 

Crusarius

Andries

Yes, but beware the lineups for returning Snowbirds, and in some places like Sarnia/Windsor, the commercial traffic can be brutal.
Having an expired passport will slow a guy down, to like, a no go.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Jeff

Old Greenhorn

Pre 9/11 the border crossings were a breeze. Seems like every year since then it has gotten worse and in the last 2 years it has been intolerable. I don't know how the commercial drivers can stand it. I used to enjoy a side trip through the pretty country to the north but now it is just not worth the cost.
 Jeff, the stateside drive isn't bad, but it is a longish one. Be aware that when you are in NY on 81 there are not a lot of opportunities to relieve oneself, and getting food can be a challenge. Next time I will have a cooler with dinner and lunch on the back seat and a truck drivers friend under the seat.
 No matter, I am tickled silly you guys are making the long trip. 8)