iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The perfect year

Started by Jeff, June 11, 2022, 06:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Not to have the pig roast. I'd probably be stroking out right now worrying about it in this state of affairs. 

This last week traditionally is when we order the pig and arrange for da spot-a-pots.  It's still a sense of personal loss for Tammy and I not to have y'all at our home this year, but also of relief, knowing that now, no one is going to be spending way too much money on gas and expenses to try and do it.  

Pray for next year.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Andries

Ahhh, that's a shame Jeff, but it's your call to make. 
These are unsettled times, on so many fronts. 
On the other hand, it's good to know that there will be NO stroking out due to the pig roast! 😉
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Resonator

Oh no! Don't go BACON my heart! :(

(Just kidding Jeff, appreciate all you do). ;D

Figured you'd be makin' an announcement about not having it this year, respect your reasons. Lookin' forward to 2023, and a toast to the pig roast!  
smiley_beertoast
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

SwampDonkey

You've got plenty of stuff to keep you busy at the cabin, planting corn and chasing black flies. Maybe some firewood. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

21incher

I am definitely going  to try for next year if I'm  still kicking.  Maybe you should sell tickets and have everything but the pig catered and make a volunteer  list for setup and cleanup days to lessen Tammy and your load.
Wait  a second how about a forestrystock where everyone  brings tents and campers to the UP with  their  own food and sets up for a couple days of relaxation with  nothing  planned. You make a list of things you need done with all the help around.  8)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

Weekend_Sawyer

I don't log into the forum as much as I used to (excuse, excuse, hangs head in shame)

I just logged in to look for information on the pig roast.
I'm sorry to hear you won't be having it this year, but I certainly understand.

maybe next year.
Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Thank You Sponsors!