iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

There must be a better way to meet FF members

Started by WV Sawmiller, June 14, 2022, 04:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WV Sawmiller

We had some violent thunderstorms with lightning last night and a huge crack or two out towards the mill. I went out this morning to feed the horse and work on my tractor and found this big locust limb on top of my bee shed behind the mill. It had fallen across these power lines going from the pole in my pasture from a transformer over to my neighbors across the road and creek. My power flickered last night but came back on. I'm guessing theirs did not. I called the power company to report the location of the downed line and then rode my ATV up the road and found the line was down across the road.

I was working on replacing a filter and fuel line on my little JD in the front lot about 30 minutes later when the power truck showed up. I yelled to get his attention to show him the location of the pole with the broken line. he asked me "Are you WV Sawmiller?" Turns out it was member Orland whose day job is with the power company. He came out to the pole and stabilized the situation and cut the lines off my mill. They will return later on as there were more lines and transformers down. We looked at the mill and talked a few minutes and he had to go. Its a small world. Not the best way to meet another member but nice to have him on the job. Maybe on his next trip we can saw up a log or two. ;D
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

dgdrls

Thank You Sponsors!