iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Got my 2 mills going

Started by Sedgehammer, June 15, 2022, 02:39:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sedgehammer

One is a 10" buzz saw and the other is a 20" reciprocating saw on a 18" post ..........  :o

Necessity is the engine of drive

bluthum

Been there, done that and if I had to do it tomorrow that's how I'd still do it.

Well, at least as long as the handsaw is sharp.

A beam saw [15"] is a little better if it's on the job but still a 2 sided cut. 

Sedgehammer

Done . That's a lot of sawin I'll say

B.C.C. Lapp

Yeah it was. Were it worth it? ;D
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

Sedgehammer

it till be once and if , which it should hold my upstairs up in the barndo

Sedgehammer

This was the outcome . 18.5 post

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old Greenhorn

When I built the first loft in my shop they were 8x10 posts and I had nothing to cut them with properly, so I used the same method as you. They were pine. When I built the second loft I used Maple posts and they were 6x8 posts. But I borrowed a timber saw (16") and it was really sweet to lop them off in one cut.
 Nice work, that's gonna look sweet!
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

hedgerow

Around here we would have have gotten the chain saw out. No one I know has a timber saw. 

Sedgehammer

It was threatened . If it didn't to be dead nuts on , chain saw it is . I was going to build a jig for it . Use a longer bar , put a bearing as close to the motor you can on a plate . That plate is mounted to a flat metal plate welded on 2x2s likely . square it up , make sure the chain is sharp and cut away  

Thank You Sponsors!