iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Good news from Endochronogist visit!

Started by Old saw fixer, January 10, 2023, 09:32:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old saw fixer

I had an appointment at my Endo doc yesterday, today the nurse called to tell me my triglycerides were down to 225.  I have had a high triglyceride count for many years, nothing seemed to help.  She put me on Ozempic .5mg weekly.  My triglyceride count has been as high as 1200 before I started the Ozempic 3 months ago. 
She wants me to loose weight (don't they all?) and asked if I wanted to try 1 mg of Ozempic.  I'd rather not, as some days my blood glucose before supper can be as low as 85.  I'll just have get off the couch and do some walking...
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

SwampDonkey

Got any nice level trails to take the dog for a walk? Just being out with the dog would be like medicine walking your land. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

Quote from: Old saw fixer on January 10, 2023, 09:32:28 AM
  I'd rather not, as some days my blood glucose before supper can be as low as 85.     
Is that your blood sugar?
That would be low for me. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Old saw fixer

Yes, @thecfarm that is my blood sugar level.  It will let me know when I snack a little too much or if the food is calorie rich.  I check it before breakfast and before supper.  My A1C (90 day blood sugar average) was 5.9 in December.  Us diabetics are held to a less than 7 A1C, I think an A1C of 8 is okay for others.

@SwampDonkey, I have no dog.  We had to put down too many rescues dogs to go through that again.  We do keep our 3 year old grandson 2 to 5 days a week depending on his parents work schedules.  He hasn't wanted to go for a walk here since I showed him a pair of bald eagles soaring around the edge of the field we were about to walk through.  There is no reason that I can't take a walk on my own through the fields or woods here, it's more fun to play with him than go out!  I know what I should do, but...
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510

doc henderson

less is more.  as long as you are not having lows below 60 for blood sugar.  the HgA1C is good to be low.  used to be 7 now 6 so do not get too comfy.  triglycerides are the absorption form of fat.  otherwise we would have globs of it in the blood stream like oil in water.  bile made by the liver and stored in the gallbladder are the soap secreted that makes the oil water soluble.  they are full of calories.  we have to take them out of circulation and some people genetically have trouble.  but remember, a low fat diet puts less in the blood stream in the first place. so diet and exercise, and get skinny.  good luck, good numbers.  Normal blood sugar is 60 to 100.  if you feel symptomatic at 80 then your normal may be 300! :o :o :o.  you are old enough, not to worry as much.  takes 30 years with good control to get stuff like blindness and renal failure, micro vascular disease resulting in loss of toes, foot ect.  15 years with poor.  (intended to illustrate better control is better).  metabolic syndrome is when you have several illnesses all contributing to heart disease and stroke, like DM, Hypertension, high cholesterol, smoking.  family history for all the above as well.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Old saw fixer

Thanks for the reply, @doc henderson . 
Regarding the HgA1C level dropping from 7 to 6 that's been the story of my life!  Every time that I get close to the goalpost on any health metric the numbers change be it BP, weight, or blood glucose!  
My optometrist checks for diabetic damage yearly and so far there is no trouble.
Thanks again for your insight.

Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510

doc henderson

It bodes well for you.  many are so erratic, that when they push to get the numbers that low, the start having low blood sugars, and can wreck a car, or fall at a bad location.  keep doing what it is you are doing, and all things combined is better than medication or exercise or diet alone.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Thank You Sponsors!