iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

A Forestry Forum snake hunting trip

Started by WV Sawmiller, May 19, 2024, 02:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

The snake went Fed-Ex.  My box is coming UPS and I got my delivery notice today:

UPS
Hi Lynn,
Your package is arriving tomorrow.
Scheduled Delivery
Tuesday 05/28/2024
10:15 AM - 2:15 PM
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

A week or so back a candidate for a State office was picking up his political signs after our 14 May Primary and state election. The man got defeated for the job then to make matter worse a copperhead bit him while collecting his old signs. Talk about adding injury to insult.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

WV Sawmiller

Lynn,

At least your delivery notice did not say "We are are worried something may be broken inside because we keep hearing something rattle." ffcheesy
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

Magicman

The "smell" notice has me concerned.  I was in the military long enough to know what a "fart sack" is.   :shocked2:    no_no
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

WV Sawmiller

Then you probably also know what a Rubber Lady was. ffcheesy ffcheesy
Howard Green

Magicman

Yup, she goes under da fart sack.  ffcheesy

TimW

Dang it all Howard.  I just finished reading this and I laughed so hard, I pulled a muscle.
Doc, calling Doc.  Help.  Stat.
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

WV Sawmiller

Thanks @TimW . You know we may have to add a trip to Texas to our Bucket list. Don't they have rattlesnake round-ups out there? And I heard there are game farms with large African antelopes and such? I am sure Tom and Doc would love to learn about Javelinas. Don't they eat prickly pears too. And I saw a show about American Hoggers catching wild hogs with dogs out there. I think some people even kill the hogs with spears and Bowie Knives. I hear the hogs hardly ever get free from a good catch dog. What could possibly go wrong with a vacation like that.

Hmmm? Let's see - Tom gets a sore throat and can't talk good and they think he is an illegal immigrant and he gets shipped back across the border to Mexico where he came from and Doc rushes in to save him and tells the ICE folks he is his brother and they both end up on the other side of the river. 

Yes, I can see how the story line can develop here.
Howard Green

Magicman

Ugly is not always a bad thing because if it was not for ugly, who would know the difference.  ffcheesy

WV Sawmiller

:huh? :huh? :huh?

I think somebody found his purple drank Miz Pat hid from him.
Howard Green

WV Sawmiller

Our daughter came up for the weekend with our 7 y/o GS and 5 y/o GD so I printed a copy of this and read them the first few chapters. My GS was really getting into it and felt really bad for Tom/OGH (We did not get to Doc's travails or my near misses) and both of them asked me several times "Is that a true story?" I confessed it was an exaggeration. 

My GS thought the funniest cartoon we covered  was the 3rd one where Tom slipped and was asleep (okay - unconscious)  beside the bathtub. His expression when he saw the X's for eyes was priceless.

I sent the printout with them when they went home today so we will see if he finishes reading it or gets his mom and dad to help him with it.
Howard Green

JD Guy

Quote from: WV Sawmiller on June 23, 2024, 08:32:28 PMOur daughter came up for the weekend with our 7 y/o GS and 5 y/o GD so I printed a copy of this and read them the first few chapters. My GS was really getting into it and felt really bad for Tom/OGH (We did not get to Doc's travails or my near misses) and both of them asked me several times "Is that a true story?" I confessed it was an exaggeration.

My GS thought the funniest cartoon we covered  was the 3rd one where Tom slipped and was asleep (okay - unconscious)  beside the bathtub. His expression when he saw the X's for eyes was priceless.

I sent the printout with them when they went home today so we will see if he finishes reading it or gets his mom and dad to help him with it.
Uh Oh, Now you're going to have to pay royalties to the other "actors"  ffcheesy

Magicman

I get no royalty because I have it on good authority that Howard claims that he misspelled my initials.   

Old Greenhorn

Great, now I am the comic relief character in a children's book. smiley_smug01
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

WV Sawmiller

No, you are kind of like the Indiana Jones who is always getting into trouble but figuring out and fighting your way back from insurmountable odds. My GS thinks you are the hero in the story because you have already escaped poisonous snakes, hornets, and alligators. Wait till he finds out about the wild hogs and panthers!

If you haven't read this to your grandchildren you need to do so. ffcheesy
Howard Green

doc henderson

I thought I was like Dr. Jones, and Tom was like the little Asian kid.  Howard, you are like the blonde lady!  ffcheesy ffcheesy ffcheesy

Indiana Jones 5 hunts for young supporting actor - TheGWW.com
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

WV Sawmiller

I figured I was the Dr Jones Senior character.
Howard Green

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Resonator

I could see Tom as an Indiana Jones character, he is already a real life action-adventure hero...
THE O.G. Mushroom Logger! ffcool
Independent Gig Musician and Sawmill Man
Live music act of Sawing Project '23 & '24, and Pig Roast '19, '21, & '24
Featured in the soundtrack of the "Out of the Woods" YouTube video:
"Epic 30ft Long Monster Cypress and Oak Log! Freehand Sawing"

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Thank You Sponsors!