iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Photos to cd's

Started by isawlogs, July 18, 2005, 09:20:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

I need to get my photos out of my computer and onto cd's .. I have the burner but not what is needed to get them to the cd's ... What is it that I need to get   ???
  I aint to good with these things so please dont make it hard on me to figure out what it si that I need ...
  Thanks ... Marcel      the two finger typer .  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

crtreedude

Well, first I think we need to know your operating system.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

isawlogs

Oh boy ...   :o  Had to get the son for that one ...  ::)

Windows XP family Edition
   AMD Athlon XP 200
   1.80 GH2  512 mo Ram
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Dan_Shade

heh, might be easier to get your son to do it :)

(sorry, i can't be of much help)
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

isawlogs

Ya , I guess that would be one way to go ... I thought I could come up with something to tell him , so as to not look to stupid when wanting something for this computer ...  He is the one to get every thing done here when it comes to puters ...

Marcel

crtreedude

We have an XP home addition and you don't need anything besides that - put the blank CD in and it will normally pop up a dialog and ask if you want to write files, then you just drag the files to a folder, and write them.

So, how did I end up here anyway?

GareyD

Ya might want to look at Picasa 2...it is a pretty good photo management tool and has the capabilities to burn to CD with just a couple of clicks...

http://picasa.google.com/index.html

I almost forgot the best part...IT"S FREE 8) 8) 8)
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

Tom

Marcel,

My wife purchased a piece of software for me called Nero5 burning rom

www.Nero.com

It seems to do a good job,but, I have to re-invent the wheel everytime I use it.   Kids probably have no trouble but my brain confuses easily.  :D :D

She also got me something for labeling the CD's. Boy That's neat.  It's calle Cd Stomper or something like that.  :)

Furby

I have the cheap version of Nero, and use it for my pics.
It's pretty easy to use as I usually save them as a data file.

UNCLEBUCK

isaw I have the xp family and I take my pictures from "my pictures" and move them to CD-RW Drive (E:) that is where my burner is then anytime I want I click on my Computer then right click and the menu pops up and I can select write these files to cd and then I put a cd in the burner tray and sit back and listen to that thing grinding away and when its done the cd pops out and then I make a label like Tom and stick it on . Good luck
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

SwampDonkey

I have Nero 6 Pro edition. I use it for everything to do with CD's. I like the UDF packet writing capabilities, where you just drag and drop folders and files like a floppy disk. You have to format the ReWritebale CD first. With this format the users computer has to be able to read UDF format and I think Nero has a free UDF reader (INCD4 reader). Adaptec used to have DirectCD, but is now unsupported I believe, at least it's not on their site.

Link to reader

If you have Roxios UDF reader installed and try to run Nero's INCD4 reader you nead this http://www.nero.com/en/Roxio_UDF_Reader_Control.html

You'd think Kodal Easyshare would write to CD, but it's not designed for that I guess. Now I know why I deleted it. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

The new Kodak Easyshare software does have a burn cd feature. 8)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Paschale

With my Roxio CD burner software, (can't remember the exact name of it) all I have to do is drag and paste, and they'll burn themselves.  Easy as can be!   8)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

DextorDee

If you just want to look at them on the computer you can just drag and drop to your burner XP will rite em. I use Ulead picture show and make a vcd that gives you the option to also play them as slideshows on your dvd player and watch them on your TV. Once you have made a VCD you can still open them on your computer by opening a folder called project file. Heres a link not free but not to expensive.
http://www.ulead.com/store/dps/runme.htm

good luck

Ken
Ken
KI4BMW
North East Georgia

SwampDonkey

Pigman, that must be the commercial version of Easyshare. I read through the feature list on the Kodak site and it didn't mention CD burning.  :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

SwampDonkey, The software that came with my Kodak camera  three years ago did not have the burn cd feature, About a year ago they emailed me about a free download upgrade and it had the burn cd feature. I don't know if it works since as of now I don't have a cd burner. :(  I am planning on getting an external burner or replacing my internal read only cd. I need something to store all the pictures I have. Just got 150 old slides put on cd. Cost all of $2.83 to have it done. :o
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

beenthere

I suspect any CD burner (drive with R or R/W capability) will come with the software to do the 'burning'.
All of mine have. With the new notebook (laptop to me), just pop in the blank CD and the 'window' pops up to take me through the 'burning' action.  Pretty straightforward.  :)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!