iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

apology - Wright Reciprocating Saw

Started by upred, April 20, 2006, 07:34:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upred

I am sorry I posted what  Chet considered a want ad or for sale posting. I thought I might be able to get some information as to where I could look or who to contact. I guess I will just move on and try to find the info at another site. I just tried here as I was referred here by the site I usually visit.

Thanks for the trip to the woodshed.  Rick  from Iron Mountain

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

All of the admins saw the note below that was written to you from chet explaining our policy. You choose to follow up with a post such as this you are probably best suited to finding your information on down da road. Best wishes and Bon Voyage. To bad to. I know where the parts are.

First off welcome to the forum. Being new here you probably didn't realize it, but we do not allow postings of wanted or for sale items by brand new members. Making these postings are reserved for members that have been with and contributed to the forum for at least a short time. This is done to protect the forum from spammers. I'm very sure you don't fall into this catagory, but we must to adhere to our guidelines.

upred

the parts aren't for me, they are for my 74 year old father, who is trying to get it running. He is not computer litterate so I was just trying to help him out.  Rick -  any help would still be greatly appreciated only need ignition coil info

chet

Red
Send me an email or a PM and I can try to help you out. I am pretty sure I can get dat old bear runnin' unless it has some serious problems.
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

My saw taught chet everything he knows. ;D

chet

With Ricks permission,

no not at all
----- Original Message -----
To: Rick Hornik
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 10:44 PM
Subject: Re: wright saw

Great.... just give a yell. I love a challenge. My phone # ***-*****  cell ***-****

You mind if I post our correspondence on the thread that started this exchange? I think folks need to know the whole picture.
To: chet swenski
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:51 PM

great, If dad can't get it going I am sure we will pay you a visit, ########### road, in Iron river??  I live in iron mountain
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:27 PM

Trying to be specific on your saw is impossible without it sitting in front of me. These old saws have been built in a gazillion different configurations. If we can get together at some point I'm sure we can figure it out.
To: chet swenski
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:14 PM

Ok, ground in the ignition circuit, possible dad said there is a wire from the pionts to the housing which didn't sound correct to me,  also how do we set the air gap? The flywheel is over the magneto
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 9:07 PM

Rick,
More than likely you have a short to ground in the ignition circuit,or the air gap is set to tight. Point setting is not all that critical as to weather the saw runs or not.
To: chet@forestryforum.com
Sent: Thursday, April 20, 2006 8:57 PM
Subject: wright saw

My dad has an old wright saw, I think it is a 5020. He had the coil tested and it is good, has installed new points but has no spark. He would like to know how to set the points, we guessed at .020. also is there an on/off switch on this model??  what is the timing set at btdc
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

There is a wire that goes to ground. There is a kill switch wired into the trigger. If you let up completely on the trigger on a wright, the engine shuts off.

upred

thanks jeff, that answered a couple of my question and I will pass the info on to my dad tonight

chet

If dat wire is disconnected from da kill switch and does not touch any ground the ignition circuit is always on. If it is connected, you must hold the throttle partially open to complete the circuit.
These saws are direct drive (when its running, the blade is moving) so for safety, if you release the throttle fully it will shut off.  ;)
There is an overide of this switch you can engage for starting purposes.   :)

Thank You Sponsors!