iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Member map problem

Started by MrMoo, January 10, 2003, 02:27:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMoo

Hi Folks,
I have tried to put myself on the member map but whenever I try I get an error message from the browser.

I develop software and have the debugging tools on my computer so when it asks me if I want to debug the problem I replied yes. The error shows up in the line that I have provided here :

document.all.map.style.cursor = "https://forestryforum.com/YaBBImages/Pen.cur";

I wasn't sure if you wanted this info but I thought I'd pass on the feedback.

Do you have anyway to add me to the forum from your end? I am in Barrington NH about 25 miles northwest of Portsmouth NH.

While I'm at it I thought I'd let you know I much like the forum.

Thanks,
Mike

Jeff

Sounds to me like a javascript error with your browser. You might want to try repairing it, or if it is an older version try an upgrade. I went ahead and added you to the map just in case those suggestions don't work ;D  

Thanks for being a part of our forum!  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Phorester

Hey, Jeff.  Not having been here for a couple years, the map is new to me, but a really great addition.

But, I can't get on it!!  tried 3 times.  It doesn't seem to accept me.  What am I doing wrong?  Can I get on it now without losing my biography??

Jeff

Here is what you do to keep from losing you bio, (I just backed it up so I you fail I have it)

Look up at the last post you made. Click on your username to the left of your post. You will see you profile. slide down you will see a link that says edit members map. Ignore that for one second. see you bio?  Highlight that and then copy it. now go up to that edit members map link and click on it. Unless you have javascript disabled or a program that stops pop-ups a window will open with a big map. You must select your area, stats, AND country. then just click on that map where you live. if the tree is ptu a little off click again. when you are satisfied with where it is at click the save button or finished or what ever it says I dont remember.

O.K. notw go back up the page and up to the forum menu and find the button that says profie with this icon next to it click on that to enter your edit profile area. Go down and paste your bio back in the apropriate box, the one that has all the warnings next to it about editing members map first.   Click save and your done!

Welcome back!

Jeff

or you can tell me the town's name and i will add you :) Long as you only have one town names that in Virgina and I can find it. Take Ohio, it seems to have mutiple towns with the same name.

Hello this is my brother darryl and this my other brother darryl. :D

Phorester

Got the map part right, but lost my bio.  (It was my other brother Daryl's fault.  My brother Daryl is smarter.)  If you can paste in the backup you made, that would be great.  It's okay if you can't, just let me know and I'll come up with another fabulously witty and useless bit of drivel!   Thanks!

Jeff

I pasted it back in, but some how it seems to look different? :D

ADfields

DANG! :-[ I was hopeing for the NEW fabulously witty but useless bit of drive.

Bro. Noble

Phorester,

Now that's a colorful biography-----bet it becomes the best read one on the forum. :o

Noble

milking and logging and sawing and milking

Phorester

HA!!!  Jeff, I see my bio underwent some sort of metamorphosis.  From an ugly caterpillar to a pretty butterfly. Darn computers.  You just never know what they're gonna do once you hit a button!          (Thanks!)   Phorester

Tom

Pink is beginning to be pretty popular around here lately.  :D

Texas Ranger

Humph, last Phorester I saw wearing pink had a pinefore on.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Phorester

Hey!  Watch it, Buddy!  Besides, it was Jeff's idea.  (Bet I get more people reading my bio than you get reading yours!)

At least I'm not wearing Gucci's like some Forester's we've heard about.

DanG

All the foresters down here in the Florida swamps wear gooshies. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Pink? I don't see no pink. Are ya sure it's pink Don? Are you forgettingyer medicine again?

MrMoo

Hmmm, me thinks there's something funny going on here. ;D

Furby

Jeff,
 Would it be to much trouble to break down the members map to view it by state as well as country? It's getting a little crowded in a few states and I can't find out who's, who. If this is already on here, where is it, I can't seem to find it?

Jeff

click on the names at the right, it will highlight thier tree on the map in red.

Furby

That's the point, I'm trying to find out WHO's tree is a given tree is by clicking on the tree, say near mine. The problem is they start to overlap after a while and my pointer can't pick out ones that are to close to each other. I guess I could go your route, there's only 250 something. I could narrow it down by skipping the ones I know, but still it will be a lot.
 I'm not asking you to go through a LOT of trouble for this, I just wondered if it would take much work to change. Just a thought!

Jeff

Furby

Fabiola

Furby, can you stop giving a hard time to Jeff!!!! >:(
Poor boy!
Listen, if it is not a troble at all could you divide Brasil by states too. I know where is Rio, but it would be good to everybody knows how we are divided!!!
Thanks! ::)
Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil

Tom

That's a cool concept, Fabriola.  I don't think of other countries as having states, or at least I've never been introduced to how they are broken up. :-/

That would be a monumental task for Jeff to do on his own and I'll bet the software he is using doesn't provide the information either.  

I would like to know though. :P

How is brazil divided?  

We have Southern, Northern, Mid-west and Western States and they are identified by some peculiar historical or political happening in the past.

Northern states are Identified Relative to Southern States by "The Civil War", also know as
The War for Constitutional Liberty
The War for Southern Independence
The Second American Revolution
The War for States' Rights
Mr. Lincoln's War
The Southern Rebellion
The War for Southern Rights
The War of the Southern Planters
The War of the Rebellion
The Second War for Independence
The War to Suppress Yankee Arrogance
The Brothers' War
The War of Secession
The Great Rebellion
The War for Nationality
The War for Southern Nationality
The War Against Slavery
The Civil War Between the States
The War of the Sixties
The War Against Northern Aggression
The Yankee Invasion
The War for Separation
The War for Abolition
The War for the Union
The Confederate War
The War of the Southrons
The War for Southern Freedom
The War of the North and South
The Lost Cause
amongst other lesser known names.  It was a great divider of our country and we still bear the scars of division, mainly in the eastern half, with the division being generally North and South of Washington D.C. and west to the Mississippi River basin.

The West is generally thought of as most of the land west of the Mississippi River. It gained its notoriety from the great land rushes where the government was trying to get people to move to the west.  St. Louis Missouri was a big stepping off place and most of the population, at the time, was east of there.

The Mid-west is considered to be the central/northern states located in and around the headwaters of the Mississippi.  The identifying factor for this area of the country was the industrialization of America. Cattle and grain were sent there to be prepared for market and large corporate entities began to develop around Chicago which most think of as the political center of the Mid-west.

In the North, which is the northeast area of the USA as described above, they consider even another area that they call "The East".  That is the Eastward pointing area above New York that ends with Maine.

There are also colloquial divisions in the West of South West and North West and they identify themselves by both geographical area and political values.

Each of these non-official areas is composed of States with defined legislated borders.  The areas, though, have no legislation but do have speech differences, status of living differences and many other things that the occupants separate one from the other.  That's why you hear so many jokes in the USA about The North, The South, The West and even jokes that appear to be racial which are actually regional in nature.

What a diverse place.  I love it. :) 8)

I agree, Jeff doesn't need to be given a hard time.  Heck, it's hard enough for him to keep his head above water with all the finances and hard work he puts into the forum.  I like the atmosphere we've shared for years where we don't Lambaste, act hurtful, argue, berate and make life miserable for each other.  There is too much knowledge to be gained from each and every one of us to create cliques or dominate or create schisms.  That's where we differ from the general population on the Web.

Furby

:oWOW :o
 Great description Tom. I never thought it through as far as that before.

Fabiola

What a long story!!!!! ;)
Oh God, how is Brasil divided?
We have 5 regions. North where amazon is located, where The Equador line cross us. Northeast, always sun around.
Southeast, where I am.
South, below The Tropical line.
And Centrowest, border with Argentina and Paraguay.
There is 23 states plus the DC that is Brasilia.
A little bit of uor History. We were colonized by Portugal, and that is why we speak portuguese and not spanish like everybody else in South America. They had their hand over us untill 1890 (almost) D. Pedro II son of the Portugal king said good bye daddy and send us free. Quite, Years latter, the republicans said good bye to D. Pedro II also.
Somehow we are conect to European History more than they know more than we should (It was never good to us).
What else? Just ask... ???

Fabíola Vieira
Forestry Engineer
Brasil