iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Photo search

Started by metalspinner, November 29, 2006, 05:41:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

metalspinner

I tryed to look up an old thread that I started on my trailer.  I thought I could find the thread by going to my gallery and clicking the "Search the Forum for this Picture", but no luck.  "No Results Found" popped up.  Any ideas?? ???
Thanks, Chris
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

Furby

Were you logged in?
Not sure what is up, but I can only get the pic search to work on my pics.
Nor yours or anyone else.
Gonna have to wait for the boss on this one.

metalspinner

I'm always logged in...I think smiley_headscratch

Let me go check...
I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

SwampDonkey

I've tried different times to search photos, and I can only search my own as well. It used to work so you could search any forum photo, but maybe something changed. The boss may have mentioned it and we have forgotten.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Quote from: Ianab on September 22, 2006, 06:22:13 PM
Not an easy thing to search on...
But if you go to the member list, find his name and look at his profile there is link to his photo gallery. You can also browse the users in the galery, but thats not searchable. The search in the gallery only looks for the keywords that people enter when they post the pics.

Ian

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

SwampDonkey

Here the link to when Jeff was setting up the new gallery system.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=10536.0

Seems it once did have a way to search threads from photos, as bibbyman was the first to ask about it.

Jeff

Everything works fine for people that follow one of the oldest rules in file naming.  Dont ever use spaces or illegal characters.

If your file name has a space, your browser will insert a %20  if you use an apostrophe or colon or semi colon or question mark or bang (exclamation mark) all of these file naming errors will cause a file that is uploaded to have the program looking for it default to its substituting code, not allowing the photo to be found.  The same problem can happen on the front page of the forum. You know when you see the red x for a photo?  Click on the missing photo and go to the big version. I guarantee you will find a freaky file name that causes the program to not be able to find the file.

Look at the files you are searching for. I bet they have a space or an illegal character within the file name.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

My photos search fine. I only use hyphens or dashes for spaces and never ever use !@#$%^&*()+":;?   all illegal naming characters

Furby

Not the problem boss.
I tried your freaky pike pic and the hare pic, you just posted them the other day.
There is nothing wrong with those file names are there?
They bring back no results.

SwampDonkey

I was just about to come back with the same response JeffB. Seems a lot of you guys persist in using spaces in your filenames and that causes chaos. I just did a search on one of Furby's pictures without spaces and the search was successful. Use under scores _ if you want spaces. I think Jeff mentioned it before, possibly in the second link in my previous post. It's a long thread.

Jeff

THey are posted in full members area correct?

Jeff

Furby

It's the underscores as well as spaces and such.

SwampDonkey

JeffB, I think you have two versions [names] of those photos in your gallery. I see the prefix 'normal_' affixed to the files of the pike and rabbit in your most recent uploads to your gallery. There are also a couple identical pics without that prefix in there, unless the software is adding that prefix somehow.

hmm, you just did something and that prefix is now gone.  ::)

Jeff

No its not.  :)

I see the culprit and it occurs on tall photos over 400 pixles.  that reason is now cured.  What was happening was the gallery program was giving you two options on the tall pictures naming the first one with a normal_ added to the name of the file.  The second option, the pop up window you get for long tall photos by clicking on the photo is the actual photo.

Jeff

This does not cure the bad file naming problem though. Only the guys naming the files can cure that. ;)

SwampDonkey

Ok, got ya Boss. Thought it had to be the software.

But, Furby search any of my photos and they are all underscore and all searchable. If it ain't then I didn't post it to a thread, and that is rare.

Kevin_H.

Quote from: metalspinner on November 29, 2006, 05:41:46 PM
I tryed to look up an old thread that I started on my trailer.  I thought I could find the thread by going to my gallery and clicking the "Search the Forum for this Picture", but no luck.  "No Results Found" popped up.  Any ideas?? ???
Thanks, Chris

I had the same problem finding my old " roof " thread, i found it by going to my profile and clicking on the " read my posts " or something like that on top of your profile, then just look through your posts until you find your old thread, may take awhile but it worked for me.

By the way I am guilty of the whole space between the names thing...will try to remember that in the future.
Got my WM lt40g24, Setworks and debarker in oct. '97, been sawing part time ever since, Moving logs with a bobcat.

SwampDonkey

Ok, I think we solved the issue. I think.  ;D :D :D :D 8)

Maybe sticky this thread for new comer's ;)

Furby

Jeff, it still don't show the pike pic as being posted in the Christmas Poll thread.

Donk, you don't have one over 400 pixels. ;)

SwampDonkey

Yeah, it only shows in this thread. The hare don't show. Too big Boss, too big. Yer feed'n the hares too good. :D :D :D

Jeff

Yes it does.  Now. ;D   I cured future instances of the big, not past. To cure a past photo you have to edit the post and edit anything that was appendaged with normal_ by removing that part of the file name. the photo will still appear and then be searchable.

SwampDonkey

I think I here your sister calling her camp cook back.  sling_shot yikes_smiley  :D

Jeff

if you search *normal_*  you will bring up all instances on the forum where the search error occurs in a photo. about 5 pages of returns. I'm going in and fixing them now. :-\   See ya in awhile........  :D

Furby

Chris, is this the thread?
https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=17535.0

I searched using the forum search at the top of the page, with the info from "Click to copy photo insertion code to clipboard".
That would be this:
[img]https://forestryforum.com/gallery/albums/userpics/12750/trailerpic%20opt%204.jpg [/img]

And then I removed the extra stuff so this is what I searched with:
trailerpic%20opt%204.jpg