iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Something squirrelly going on.

Started by Dave Shepard, March 05, 2008, 11:57:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

And I don't mean little gray rodents with bushy tails. Been getting a lot of error message today, trouble finding the server. Some kind of MySql thingy going on trying to get to the gallery etc. Most of the error are blaming high traffic? Don't know what it's all about, but thought it was worth a mention.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jeff

Yes, something is squirrelly and I don't know what it is yet. I'm seeking help from the company that hosts the dedicated servers on this, but nothing yet. There has been something squirrelly  since the new harddrive and OS was installed last October. I think something is not configured correctly.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

I just observed 58 yahoo spiders on the site at one time.  I blocked the access to the forum for those. We'll see if they could have been causing the connection problems. They certainly were sucking bandwidth.  At times, I really dont care if we get new information listed in the search engines. I'd rather grow by word of mouth and invitation.

stonebroke

whats a yahoo spider, pardon my ignorance?

Stonebroke

Jeff

Its a bot, or program that crawls around the internet gathering information for their search engines. That many here at once may have been creating problems. Probably not creating, but adding to what ever might me acting up.

Greg

FWIW, I've not seen any problems accessing the Forum, of late.

Greg

Dave Shepard

It may during the day, but this morning when I had the most trouble there was only 8 guests, 7 forumites, and one spider.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Radar67

Jeff I just got this on the main www.forestryforum.com page. Maybe it will guide you?

Currently Online:
Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/www/forestryforum/board/Sources/Subs.php on line 321

Warning: mysql_query(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/www/forestryforum/board/Sources/Subs.php on line 321

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/forestryforum/board/SSI.php on line 662

Warning: mysql_free_result(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/www/forestryforum/board/SSI.php on line 695
0 , 0
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

I believe all of those those errors occurred because of a table repair process the host was running I just found out about. I just got this moments ago from them

Hello,
I have ran consistency checks on the hard drive and repaired several table indexing errors. If you continue to have a problem please submit a ticket and if possible let us know a way to duplicate the errors you're seeing with the website (any links, URL's, usernames/passwords etc would he helpful)

At the moment the database is in an optimal state per mysqld

best regards,
Josh Craddock
Linux Administrator

ronwood

Jeff,

How do you determine that you had Yahoo spiders on the web site?

Ron
Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

ronwood

Sawing part time mostly urban logs -St. Louis/Warrenton, Mo.
LT40HG25 Woodmizer Sawmill
LX885 New Holland Skidsteer

Fla._Deadheader

Just got booted off the FF. Couldn't connect to the server ???   Clicked on another site and went right to that.  ::) ::) ??? ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

thecfarm

I just had to X everything out and start over.The first time I got something like what radar posted Tried again and here I am.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

farmerdoug

Jeff,

I have noticed that when I get the error to load page from SMF when I hit reload it will come up fine.  I also noticed that after the reload I see someone posted while I was getting the error in the database.  It usually happens only in the thread or board that I am loading at the time.  People posting in other boards causes no problems for me it seems.  I wonder if the database updating for the post is what may be the problem.  It may be a software problem that just is showing up due to our forum size.
Doug
Truck Farmer/Greenhouse grower
2001 LT40HDD42 Super with Command Control and AccuSet, 42 hp Kubota diesel
Fargo, MI

Jeff

I dont think so as I've been playing around in the crash board for testing and it gives the same issues. Different database, much smaller, and a different instance of the software. I'm almost sure its the way mysql is handling the data, not the data itself, or the software, but something in the operating system.

Jeff

I just had an epiphany. Maybe. :D   After getting several cannot connect to the database errors today, I started thinking, what are the reasons that one could not connect? I started reading up on persistent connections and wondering how in the world we could be exceeding the settings for that, and if that might be the problem if we were. Then I got the errors on the front page where all the random photos are.  I looked at that and it looked like every time the front page calls for the random photos, it creates 12 separate connections to the database. If 3 people are coming at the same time into the forum, we have 36 connects, and so on and so forth. With the increased amount of traffic we are getting everyday, I wonder if thats the problem> Something as simple as the random photos breeding like bunnies?

So, for a test, I decreased the photos to 3. Lets see if thats helpful.

Dave Shepard

I got one connection problem last night really early this morining, otherwise smooth sailing. :)

Dave

Brad_S.

I was getting extremely frustrated with the ssllloooowww response to the point that I was avoiding the forum, but it's cruising along nicely now!
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Jeff

Dave Shepard

I just wait, I get withdawls if I don't. Don't want to start twitchen' or nothin'. ;D

Dave

farmerdoug

Jeff, I am still getting the Database is busy error but the forum is loading faster when there is no problem that is. ::)
Doug
Fargo, MI

Dave Shepard

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Is this what you are getting?

Dave

farmerdoug

Doug
Fargo, MI

Jeff

Yep.  I think I made an improvement, but there is still something fishy going on.