The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: Google Chrome  (Read 2785 times)

Offline tyb525

• Senior Member x2
  • Always learning.
    • Share Post
Re: Google Chrome
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 04:19:57 PM »
I just shot it a few times, it backed down after that.

Actually I'm not sure what you mean. If you mean keeping it from running, I just installed it on a second (smaller) hard drive I had from an older computer. I set my main hd to slave mode and set it as a second hd, so I was able to keep all my stuff. Ubuntu won't open some windows (mp3, exe) files "out of the box" but you can download dll's, applications, etc to fix that.
LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

Offline SPIKER

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2008, 01:08:46 PM »
hey guys:

I'm still behind times I guess, I'm still using my old pent 3 550 PC I built in I think 1998 or 99.  :D

I'm still using win 98 SE and FF 2.xx for browsing but things are getting worse.  Yahoo just upped their software and I'm now having a lot of difficulties getting access as each time I check a stock using yahoo it will start to crash...  :(   getting stuff to work with old software is really getting bad too.  I'm sick of MS stiff as you can see once I get something working I'm fine with it...)  they want to you always buy the NEXT best thing and FORCE you to by un-supporting every thing prior.   I've been looking at wondering about the unix stuff and also since FF 3 will not work on Win98SE I can't up date there anyone know about CHROME & 98se? 
((EDIT IN( got my answer fast only for VISTA and XP SP2)  now about the other windows replacements?)))

anyhow I'm going ot check but was wondering if anyone knew
mark

I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Offline TexasTimbers

• In Memoriam
    • Share Post
    • Dovetail Spline Jig
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2008, 01:14:02 PM »
It should be easy to find out Spiker. Man I bet you drive a vehicle until it falls apart, then put it back together with bailing wire and duct tape and keep on trucking. :D 

That's me too almost. I suggest looking into linux or unix because they don't use near the resources windows does. It's not an easy thing to switch to, and get all the plugins and make all the tweaks necessary though unless you already have a ton of computer knowledge and I do not.

I am all for making the most out of computers but IMO it's time you consider upgrading your hardware and software.  ;D
The oil is all in Texas, but the dipsticks are in D.C.

Offline SPIKER

• Senior Member x2
  • I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2008, 01:59:35 PM »
It should be easy to find out Spiker. Man I bet you drive a vehicle until it falls apart, then put it back together with bailing wire and duct tape and keep on trucking. :D 

(Yep I have 2 broken trucks now I have to fix. brake line and a trans cooler line)

That's me too almost. I suggest looking into linux or unix because they don't use near the resources windows does. It's not an easy thing to switch to, and get all the plugins and make all the tweaks necessary though unless you already have a ton of computer knowledge and I do not.

I am all for making the most out of computers but IMO it's time you consider upgrading your hardware and software.  ;D

( that is what every one says, I've been looking at a new laptop I am awaiting for big sales coming ;) )

I have the brake lines in the trunk now as well as the trans line materials.   I haven't been able to move around since early JUNE when my back went out and has really caused things to get out of hand. grass (field now) needs brush hogged down and the two trucks need fix-n I'm finally walking around after surgery (which is why I was looking at lap tops I can't set very long still).

anyhow off to lay down back acting up after the car fixing yesterday brake rotor was bad and pads. so I was gonna drive truck home and it blew a brake line hadn't drove it in months setting in yard.   Fired right up (it's a ford ;) ) :D

Mark M
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
Windows 8, Google chrome FF not displaying properly

Started by boscojmb on Technical Support Topics

7 Replies
Last post June 22, 2015, 05:39:35 AM
by mometal77
xx
Google's new online tool - Google Wave

Started by tonich on General Board

0 Replies
Last post October 18, 2009, 01:03:26 PM
by tonich