iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Low sulfer deisel

Started by logger444, March 06, 2009, 11:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moonhill

OWW, that sounds like government control.  They want to have you only burning fossil fuel in your truck, no alternative, end of discussion. Maybe it is big oil in control.

The label on the Heating oil pump at the local convenience store says this product can harm your newer diesel engine.  Where is the warning label on the on road fuel pump saying it can harm older diesel engines?  Actually, I think there is a label saying it is fine to run in you older engine.  What's up?  If it needs a lubricant why don't they just add it in? 

Tim
This is a test, please stand by...

Banjo picker

Well we all know the econ. sit. is not too good.  What if every body that has a truck or whatever  (skidder, sawmill, ) over 2 or 3 years old has to replace it.  Sure would be a lot of economic stimulas.  Tim
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

SwampDonkey

Well I hope the price of wood takes a big jump and lotsa buyers. Won't happen because , like farming they gotta keep the man that owns the tree in the lowest pay scale. Take crown wood for instance, worth less than private wood, so it forces prices for private wood down because there is less demand for higher priced wood. No obligation to buy it from private, although they cry about depleting wood supply. Which isn't quite true, they just don't want to buy it.  And some outfits still fail.  It isn't the cost of wood, it's hiring people who can't get the job done. Too many viewing forest management from windshields and computer screens, bad marketing, lack of innovation. On top of that, being hamstrung by regulation and certifications that your competition does not have to deal with. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ironwood

Additives=money no matter who put it in the fuel, AND evidentally that is the "bad" stuff the goberment doesnt want us using ::)

As far as the heating oil damaging an older engine, sounds like rubbish to me. If it is kero, then it is "hotter" and from what I hear you gotta watch burning that.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

stonebroke

kero has less btus so how can it be 'hotter'. I thought the problem was viscosity with kero.
Stonebroke

Ironwood

Some knowlegable Bloke I know just said "be careful", perhaps mistakenly, I  thought it was an issue of buring hotter. I do know, he recommended it for winter anti gel. I trust him, one of the best hands on "genius types" I know.  He could, build, fix, modify, fabricate anything on the planet.

Ironwood
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

MSU_Keith

Off road and on road diesel are the same because of the ultra low sulfur requirements - they run in the same refineries, pipelines and storage tanks.  The refinery industry found the only to meet the new regulations is to make them the same (or build a new refinery) ::).

OWW:
Particulate filters are much more environmentally friendly than allowing the particulate matter (PM) to escape into the atmosphere.  The collection in the filter and the subsequent regeneration cycle turns the PM into ash which is much less harmful to lungs and smog formation.  The trucks did take a hit on performance with the introduction of DPFs but they are getting better all the time.  If your still under warranty, get your dealer flashs your ECM with the latest control strategy - this should help.  Some OEMs are up to rev 40 on ECM flash.  Everyday we're learning how to improve the regen cycle.

Remember things get even weirder in 2010MY.  Most trucks will have SCR with urea injection in addition to DOC/DPF.  Good thing is the performance should get better because the engines will not be relying on EGR to reduce emissions therefore they should breath easier on the inlet side - unofficially 2-3% better MPG.

Thank You Sponsors!