iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spencer Tapes

Started by JBS 181, September 17, 2009, 08:06:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JBS 181

When you have a tape break on you and the spring unwinds. Is there an easy way to wind that spring back up without tearing the whole thing apart?

pasbuild

If it can't be nailed or glued then screw it

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

chevytaHOE5674

Easy way? No

Possible? Yes

Paul_H

You should be able to loosen(not remove) the ring of small screws and wind the spring back up by turning the Blue side clockwise.Mine are the Spencer loggers tape and they don't have to be taken apart if the spring isn't broken.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

Clark

Do as Paul said but I would add that you need a way to prevent the tape from unwinding every time you wind the spring up.  If there isn't a tape on it, I just shove a flat-head screw-driver between the reel and the body of the Spencer tape.

Clark
SAF Certified Forester

mike_van

I use a Stanley 20 ft tape, as the longest log my mill  will take is 16 ' 6".    I made up a longer tip for it, so it wouldn't pull off the end of the log.  Cheep? Me?  maybe............ :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Wild willy

If the spring un spools it's like like a saw spring just wind it back wards take the tape off and plan for half hour it takes time but it works us your thumb as the stop or a flat head I a us my thumb works faster then hold and put the tape back on and it will wind up sometimes u may have to do a time or two
Timberjack 225c/john deere 640/Clark 665 husky372xp/385xp/288xp
Bill Hibbs

Thank You Sponsors!