iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

It's Lost

Started by Magicman, July 14, 2012, 01:29:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Or maybe I just can't find it and I looked "almost" everywhere.  So "she" walks in and I 'fess up that it is gone forever.

She walks over and hands it to me.  I could not find it because I knew that it was lost.  She found it because she knew that it was there.  She didn't know where it was, she just knew that it was there.

I don't really loose stuff, I just can't find it.....'cause it's Lost.    ::)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Bill Gaiche

Now you have me lost! bg

Magicman

Yup, don't matter what it is.  I can't find anything and she can find everything.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

The last time I was up to the cabin, the miracle whip was missing. I wanted a ham sandwich and the miracle whip was gone. I called my sister and asked why they took it home. She said they didn't it had to be there. I pretty much emptied the fridge to prove to myself that it was gone. I didn't feel like driving to town, so I just got the mustard out of the fridge door and had ham with just mustard. I came home the next day. Two days later, Lynda and Pete went back up. Lynda sent a photo to my phone. Of the Miracle whip sitting right behind the mustard.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Brucer

If I ever lost stuff the way you guys seem to , I would never admit it in public :D.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Woodchuck53

Don't chew hate it when they are right.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

thecfarm

I can lose just about anything. If it's not as big as the garage and goes into the garage,I can lose it.  :D  I can be working on something and I know I had the wrench right there,but find it on the other side and I know I did not go over there.
Saw a Steven King once and there are a brunch of gremlins that are tearing down our past moments,sometimes when we go back they have to re-build that moment. Sometimes they forget to add an object that we are looking for,but can not add it until we walk away and not be looking where it should be. As soon as we are not looking than they can add it back to the scene.That's why alot of times we walk off and the object is right there,even though it was not a minute ago.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Howdy

I keep "losing" my cordless drill.  Every time I want to use it I just can't find it anywhere.  Today, I was lamenting my inability to find either the cordless or the corded drills and my youngest daughter explained both drills were at her house.  By now I should just either buy her a drill of her own or get me a third drill and hide it.  Just my luck if I hid it I would never be able to find it.  What's a fella to do?

Woodchuck53

You know it's bad when you have to go get another pair of glasses to find the pair you put down when you got busy. Of course she walks right to them and hands them back.
Case 1030 w/ Ford FEL, NH 3930 w/Ford FEL, Ford 801 backhoe/loader, TMC 4000# forklift, Stihl 090G-60" bar, 039AV, and 038, Corley 52" circle saw, 15" AMT planer Corley edger, F-350 1 ton, Ford 8000, 20' deck for loader and hauling, F-800 40' bucket truck, C60 Chevy 6 yd. dump truck.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My Dad says it gonna get worse.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

Sometimes I don't know which of my senile senses work the best.

My forgetter or my looser. Maybe I could just forget what I loose and then I would not miss it.

Of all of the things that I lost, I miss my mind the most.

Chuck White

Here, a while back I lost a "Scoutlite" Buck folding knife that I've carried almost daily since I bought it in Alaska in 1985.

I was a Scout Master back then, so the knife really meant a lot to me.

Well about a week after I came to the conclusion that I had lost the knife, Sheila and I were working on something in the back of the garage and I just happened to turn "just right" and lo and behold, there looking back at me was the knife.  It was sitting there on the edge of an old wood stove.  That's where I put it when I was working on something else!

Well I guess it was like Christmas happened a little early this year.

You're not the only one who forgets Lynn!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Warbird

I lost my sanity once - she helped me find it again.  In the years that have followed, she's been trying to drive it away again!

Tom L

Quote from: Magicman on July 14, 2012, 01:29:33 PM
Or maybe I just can't find it and I looked "almost" everywhere.  So "she" walks in and I 'fess up that it is gone forever.

She walks over and hands it to me.  I could not find it because I knew that it was lost.  She found it because she knew that it was there.  She didn't know where it was, she just knew that it was there.

I don't really loose stuff, I just can't find it.....'cause it's Lost.    ::)

I get in trouble for this all the time, I cringe when she asks me what I am looking for . I tell her and then 30 seconds later she has it, most of the time I am looking right at it. then she gets on my case because it is right where I left it. or in many cases it is right where she moved it to and did not put it where I think it should go.

Cypressstump

I've come to the conclusion that I no longer 'loose' things, they are merely hiding.

Much like Adult hide and seek, but for whatever the reason, my frustration level in much higher now as an adult, when I can not locate my quarry.
Stump

Timberking 1220 25hp w/extensions -hard mounted
Case 586E 6k forklift
2001 F350 4X4,Arctic Cat 500 4 wheeler wagon hauler
Makita 6401 34",4800 Echo 20"er, and a professional 18" Poulan PRO , gotta be a 'pro' cuz it says so rite there on tha' saw..

Cedarman

Whenever I find my "lost" stuff, it is always the last place I look.  If I just looked there first, it sure would save me a lot time.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

But then there are the occasions when we do as Jeff did.  We look but we do not see, because we know that it is lost.   :-\

Weekend_Sawyer

I usually loose things that are right in front of me.  ::)
I keep loosing my glasses when they are on my head.
One time I put my glasses on to look for my glasses! ::) ::)
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

blackfoot griz

Of all the things I miss--I miss my mind the most!

Thank You Sponsors!