iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

wide mouth woodmizer

Started by woodyone.john, August 08, 2012, 04:57:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodyone.john

somewhere in this forum i saw a post on a woodmizer with a wider sawing capacity than standard.can any body remember or help me here.i sorry i cant figure the right question to pose for the search function. cheers john :-[
Saw millers are just carpenters with bigger bits of wood

terrifictimbersllc

DJ Hoover, Terrific Timbers LLC,  Mystic CT Woodmizer Million Board Foot Club member. 2019 LT70 Super Wide 55 Yanmar,  LogRite fetching arch, WM BMS250 sharpener/BMT250 setter.  2001 F350 7.3L PSD 6 spd manual ZF 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed

bandmiller2

Woody,just about any bandmill can be "stretched" by adding a spacer in the frame.Too long an unsupported band brings its own problems and requires very accurate set and keen teeth.If you do intend to legnthen your frame it helps to go to a standard band legnth. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

nas

Better to sit in silence and have everyone think me a fool, than to open my mouth and remove all doubt - Napoleon.

Indecision is the key to flexibility.
2002 WM LT40HDG25
stihl 066
Husky 365
1 wife
6 Kids

dMizer

John,
What kind of log/cant width are you looking to cut?

We added a wide head LT70 to our line-up this year which is an extra 6" wider than the standard head. Available in 3Phase electric or diesel.

We also have the WM1000 industrial mill which can cut up to 67" wide slabs. This mill is a monster that is of course stationary.

Darryl Floyd
Sales Director, Wood-Mizer

Thank You Sponsors!