iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Lt-40 mast rails

Started by drobertson, April 09, 2014, 09:46:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drobertson

Just wondering how many folks make adjustments to theirs, and how is the gap ratio between the front mast to back, and the back side of the mast to the front?  And the upper pads to the lower?  Not sure now if this makes any sense at all ;D
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

Chuck White

My manual is at the mill at this time.

I adjusted mine just a couple of weeks ago and the book says that clearance is to be checked when raised all the way up and when it's all the way down.

The clearance is the thickness of a business card!

Complete alignment instructions are in the owner/operators manual! 
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

barbender

Quote from: Chuck White on April 10, 2014, 07:20:55 AM
My manual is at the mill at this time.

I adjusted mine just a couple of weeks ago and the book says that clearance is to be checked when raised all the way up and when it's all the way down.

The clearance is the thickness of a business card!

Complete alignment instructions are in the owner/operators manual!

X2
Too many irons in the fire

Nomad

Buying a hammer doesn't make you a carpenter
WoodMizer LT50HDD51-WR
Lucas DSM23-19

scully

I looked at mine today and wondered about this ! I need to adjust !
I bleed orange  .

Brucer

I check mine every year, but I only need to adjust them every 3-4 years. Keeping the masts well lubricated will reduce wear.

Note that the adjustments should only be made with the saw head at the highest and lowest positions. The mast rails may bow apart slightly in the center so setting the clearances with the head partly raised could cause the head to bind when it's away from the center.

Follow the procedure in the manual -- it's critical to do things in the right sequence.
Bruce    LT40HDG28 bandsaw
"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand wrong answers."

Thank You Sponsors!