Sponsors:

A Bench for my MOM

Started by Lawg Dawg, May 01, 2015, 01:40:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lawg Dawg

I made this bench for my Mom for Mothers Day

I hope she likes it...
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

fishpharmer

Nice, I really like the pegs.  Your mom will love it. 
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

tule peak timber

I really like your proud joinery ! Looks like Live oak ?  Rob
persistence personified - never let up , never let down

sandhills

Nice!  Now you just need to make one for my mom, and wife, and sister........ ;D

mesquite buckeye

Cool.  ;D 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

woody329

21incher

Nice job. Moms love homemade gifts from their children that they can brag about. :)
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

hackberry jake

Very nice! I like the contrasting wedges!
https://www.facebook.com/TripleTreeWoodworks

EZ Boardwalk Jr. With 20hp Honda, 25' of track, and homemade setworks. 32x18 sawshed. 24x40 insulated shop. 30hp kubota with fel. 1978 Massey ferguson 230.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Nice present for Mom. She will love it.
NOW....What about Brother Goat?  :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

yukon cornelius

She will love it! you did a great job.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

Lawg Dawg

Thanks guys, I think this is just regular old red oak..the kind that grows in South Carolina.  I got the log from the tree service and sawed it up a couple years ago.
It's been under the shed air drying since.  We've had some unusually warm and dry air here this spring, and when I checked the moisture content, it read 10 percent.  It was a pleasant surprise, because I have no kiln, and the air dryed wood usually doesn't get much lower than 14 percent here.

This is also the first bench/project that I made with full mortise and tenon joinery.  The legs are also splayed, and all the joinery is "angled".  It took me a full day's work to figure it out, and it's not quite perfect.  I cannot believe how much stronger/sturdier the mortise and tenons are over just screws and glue...the work involved gives me a new respect for you guys that build everything "traditionally"!
2018  LT 40 Wide 999cc, 2019 t595 Bobcat track loader,
John Deere 4000, 2016 F150, Husky 268, 394xp, Shindiawa 591, 2 Railroad jacks, and a comealong. Woodmaster Planer, and a Skilsaw, bunch of Phillips head screwdrivers, and a pair of pliers!

100,000 bf club member
Pro Sawyer Network

Magicman

Quote from: Lawg Dawg on May 01, 2015, 01:40:15 PM
I made this bench for my Mom for Mothers Day....I hope she likes it...
Yes she will.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!