iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What are you working on?

Started by Dave Shepard, September 08, 2015, 06:15:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Shepard

Horseshoe for playing horseshoes, not real ones. I'll either add a chunk of steel to the back of the treadle, or a bungee cord to the top of the arm. Chunk of steel would be less conspicuous. 
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dave Shepard

Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Dave Shepard

Floor, mostly. Will finish Monday. 

Curlybirtch

My equipment shed, slow progress but its progress. Pressing my luck to see if I can beat the snow this year. 
<br
>

ponderosae

Dave Shepard

Pegs. From the building site, back in to the frame.

Don P

We've been doing some post repairs, this is the second shortening of them in the past 30 years or so. I'm no stone mason but poured a footing to act as a curb to keep water out from under the building then a little stonework to get up out of the splash better and blend better than raw concrete. For this kind of work I make a back form, this one is making a 16" thick wall, then lay a stone face with mortar and fill to the inside form with concrete bag mix  We shortened about 18" this time.

This is the top of the chunk we removed. The mill was built in 1875, the ~10x10 white oak post was tight ringed, no sapwood and about 210 rings showing. The white trails are powderpost beetles. The owners went for more solubor yesterday and are doing it up.

That round post I'm using for a temporary jack post is a chunk of chestnut that was floating around under there.

Dave Shepard

Dave Shepard

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Mattjohndeere2

Just put up this pole barn. Not a timber frame building but the first structure on the property I've been working on for the last 2 years

tule peak timber

Cedar T&G on the exposed ceilings today. The wall is a temp - removable section set on pins so we can use a boom/forklift to reach the interior.

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

thecfarm

mattjohndeere2, welcome to the forum. It's good to have stuff under cover.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Mattjohndeere2

Quote from: thecfarm on January 02, 2021, 05:51:19 AM
mattjohndeere2, welcome to the forum. It's good to have stuff under cover.
Thank you. I've been lurking for a year or two on the forum, reading this and that, just hadn't joined yet. But getting more towards the house build I might have questions, and I've sawed a little bit of lumber in my day but haven't really needed to grade it for meeting codes, so just getting more familiar with the forums and members in case I can contribute something or receive advice. Glad to be on here!

Dave Shepard

Finally got my horse run in up. Rafters this weekend. 

Jim_Rogers

Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

Frank11

Working on a 24x30 Full Scribe Log Cabin here in my own yard, feels great to be working from home again, been a while. :laugh:

Keep it real!

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Mainecoast

Hey Frank, what sort of truck is that? Is this you're business?

Frank11

Its an International with a 10 to National, had it for about 13 years now.
Keep it real!

Mainecoast

I've been looking at getting an international flat bed with a national crane fixed behind the cab. I'd love to get more into log building (never done it) but also timber frames, small panelized buildings. 

One user here mentioned that it all depends on the location. But I'm thinking he probably doesn't do what you do or what I'm thinking about doing. 

Would you say it's a very valuable asset? Looking at your photos I'd say yes right?

firefighter ontheside

Quote from: Frank11 on October 08, 2021, 10:29:09 AM
Working on a 24x30 Full Scribe Log Cabin here in my own yard, feels great to be working from home again, been a while. :laugh:

I've got pictures of my house going up that look just like this.
Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

Frank11

Yes it's my most valuable peice other then my 572 LOL!
Keep it real!

IndiLina

Painted the sill logs for the cabin with CopperCoat.   

Tracts in So. Indiana, Nor. NC, SW Virginia

Dave Shepard

Tajmahorsebarn is done, with the exception of the doors. Horse and companion goat were installed this morning.

Thank You Sponsors!