iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Me and my big mouth

Started by EZ, November 23, 2004, 05:04:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Years ago when my wife and I got together we were talking about everything that we can do. At the time, I was a pretty good knitter, yes thats right I said knitting. Well today she went over to the neighbors and the neighbor lady ask her if she could knit. Coarse my loving wife said no, but EZ does. ::) So now I have to show the wife how to knitt, so I'm off to the knitting room. ;D
EZ
Proud to be an American. ;D

Jeff

Don't worry EZ, I wont tell anybody if you don't tell anybody that I can crochet granny squares and do macramé . :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Danny_S

Nothin wrong wit that... knit 2 pearl 1.....  An elderly man I know is one of the best crochet-ist ?? around town.. he makes large table cloth like things and doilies. nice lookin stuff
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Danny_S

Dang Jeff... you were 12 seconds faster than me.... :D
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

Pete J

Quick, someone kill this thread!

Jeff

I say we all go together and knit/crochet LogRite a pink TuTu

DonE911

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I can't crotchet or knit

I can sew in a pinch if its just a button or something.

I can do laundry and I do all of the ironing in the house.  
If I'm not working, I do the cooking, but I don't bake.  
I also cut all the hair in the house, cept the wifes hair. ( I've got 3 boys )

My mom had 2 boys for 15 years before my little sister came along... she had to pass some skills to someone.  Come to think of it I bet my brother learned the crotcheting, sewing and kniting... I'm tempted to call him and ask his wife. :o

etat

Well, I guess I'd be not so hot at knitting or crocheting. ???

But if y'all will get er made up I 'might' could do a bit of embroidery or sew on some buttons. :)

I once tore up, broke the thread, broke the needle or locked up a BUNCH of sewing machines in a furniture factory.  (it was a Sunday and I needed to sew a piece for a sample.  I made sure all them machines were far far away from my upholstery line, and the line that sewed for me) ;D

I heard there was bunches of angry women over there come Monday morning.  
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Mark M

I used to be able to whip up a mean marble bag on my mom's sewing machine. :)

ohsoloco

I tried to get my gram to teach me how to crochet years ago, but she couldn't teach a southpaw  :-/  

I've always wanted a pair of crochet(ed?) pants  :D  

Pete J

Note to self:

Read the subject line before posting a reply!

Jeff

Hey Pete, we need some measurements... ;D

Pete J

Oh brother. Another can O'Worms has been opened.

Paschale

Well, I can't knit, or crochet, and I can barely sew a button back on...but I sure can cook and bake, and I got no shame in it.   ;D  I inherited my Grandma's old (American made) Kitchen Aid that she used all the time, and I'm still using it, some 50 odd years after she bought it.  For me, the more complicated the recipe the better--I like the challenge.  I'll leave the crocheted pants for someone else... ::)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Jeff

Quote I'll leave the crocheted pants for someone else... ::)

Well, I cant possibly do it, I'm busy working on a tutu

WoodSmith

DonE911

speaking of sewing buttons.

Pop Rivets work great for putt'n buttons back on.
so does duct tape.

Jeff,  will the tu tu have tape and pop rivets?  would make it much more man'ly  Someone good with photoshop shoul dbe able to mock one up for ya.

BW_Williams

:D :D  But seriuosly, Bosslady has taken a renewed intersert in knitting and she uses some big old knittin' needles that are plastic and I was thinking I could turn some nice ones for her , but Don't know what would species would be good out of these choices,  Maple, Ash(spalted), Birch or Red Oak.  Doubt if'n I could make 2 the same. I'll just tell her one's the right and the other the left!  BWW
Support your local Volunteer Fire Dept.  (not by accident)
Support your local Ski Patrol (by snowboarding:)
Mayor of Millerdale, Washington, USA (by God)!

iain

The tu-tu needs VELCRO to be manly (all that rippng sounds)

the board is loading real slow from page to page but at the mo a lot of american based sites are

iain

Swede

There is ONE machine I can´t learn to deal with, my sewing machine. Nowadays I never take it up on the table.

But I can sew!
 Was going to town for a happy night, many years ago but had lost a button in my favorite shirt. Sitting in my big favorite armchair with one eye at the TV i did what I had to do. The button was on it´s place and everything looked good, but I had to cut the shirt from the armchair.   :o

Swede.

Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

woodmills1

I cook              very well        I like to eat

I clean             vaccume fool       good at making mess

run a sewing machine with precision.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

pappy

I can't do much of the above mentioned 'cept some cookin' ( I can't bake) ::)

BUT I can hem my pants -- the hot glue gun works perf fer dat  ;D
"And if we live, we shall go again, for the enchantment which falls upon those who have gone into the woodland is never broken."

"Down the Allagash."  by; Henry Withee

sprucebunny

Stapler works good for hems.
Never thought of the glue gun but I'll remember.
Sewing machine is just another tool. I've made alot of jackets for skiing and hunting ,a few wool shirts years ago and a bimini top for a boat that was about 5' X 8'. Made it with a hand crank machine and my x-husbands help. He had a beer in one hand (to keep him in place) and the crank in the other. When I wanted him to crank, I'd step on his foot like you would if you had a motor. Push harder for faster.
What's wrong with the smileys??
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

oldsaw

I can't knit, but used to crochet...30 years ago.  I used to be the the guy all the girls wanted in the quilting circle.  Matter of fact, my grandma called me after I got done doing chores more than once, telling me to get up to church to help finish a quilt.  I would be the only one under 60, and the only other guy that would be there would be Dennis.  Dennis was in his upper 70s at the time and was really cranky.  You can see where my popularity came from.

Yep, I can cook, do the laundry, bake, sort of sew (but I often do buttons and all of my sons scout patches), clean the house, mix a good drink, and can throw a mean multi-course dinner party.  I keep telling my wife that she better treat me right, somebody would consider me a pretty good catch.  Doesn't work though.

So many trees, so little money, even less time.

Stihl 066, Husky 262, Husky 350 (warmed over), Homelite Super XL, Homelite 150A

Thank You Sponsors!