iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Welding Plastic

Started by johnjbc, April 18, 2003, 08:34:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fla._Deadheader

Buenos Tardes, Senor Jeffy. No problema. ;)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

ADfields

Ya, I could do that but the shack ain't worth the trouble. :-/   It's just a pole shed that the guy closed in with plywood sitting right on the dirt and it's been like that from when it was put up in 1989. ::)   They had the attic all fixed up as a pot growing room and got busted in 2000 for that just before the wife and I came along, pot was legal up hear till 1999 or something they tell me. ::)   That should tell ya the kind of carpenter the guy was. :o   You ever see how the coyote would nail bord after bord together making a bridge so he could get at the roadrunner?   Well this guy went to the same trade school! :o   My tree fort was better made when I was 10 years old!
Andy

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

OneWithWood

Be careful replacing that old shed, AD.  By the time I got around to replacing my 16x16 tin shed with plywood floor I had done way to much thinkin'.  That 16x16 shed growed up to be a 30x92 metal skinned pole barn complete with concrete floor and a car lift!
Blew all my money and I still need to build my saw barn  ??? ::)
So far the barn only exists on paper and I have managed to keep it down to 28x72.  Been real careful not to get them plans near any liquids 'cause they might grow on me ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

ADfields

:D :D
I know what your saying OneWithWood!   Last winter I lost most of my good fire wood under 5 foot of snow just when I most wanted at the stuff.   So last summer I set out to put a little roof over the wood pile. ;)   When it was all done it had become a 12x20 pole shed with 3 walls around it. ::)   But now I can find the wood and it's even dry, no snow puddles in the house this winter. ;D
Andy

CHARLIE

Andy, until you get time to build a new workshop type shed, why not put some drain tile around your existing shed. I'm talking about that black plastic (about 6") pipe with holes on one side. The farmers use it to drain out the wettest parts of their fields. The drain tile can't be that expensive and you could just dig it into a trench around your shed, throw a little gravel over it and fill the trench with dirt. That should route the water around your shed and pretty inexpensively too. Just a thought.  :P    
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

ADfields

I have a setup like that to get the water away from my front yard gate and it works great all summer. ;)   But right now the DanG thing has a ice plug in it I cant melt. ::)   I been out at it with my camping shower pumping hot water in one end 4 times now but I cant reach the plug with the hot. >:(   Like a Arizona boy I used ABS and PVC pipe for this to save money but I am riping that out soon as I can and putting in steel so I can hook my welder on the ends of it and melt it for the breakup.   It's not a bad plan but the shack needs to go so the wife has room for her porch and true garage she wants on the house, my stuff go's farther from the house so she can sleep when I am working. ;)   I don't want a tired wife without a porch very much longer now, it's not good for me! ;) ;) :D :D
Andy

sburro

Back to the welding, why not try mans best friend, duck tape.  Or is it duct tape?  Well whatever, it should work
 ???

hydeoutman

Sometime if you check with your County Road Commission they have used culverts which can be little cost and even free sometimes. These are either concrete, metal or plastic that are dug up during construction and can't be reused. There is a waiting list at times on a first come basis and you normally need to live in that county. Worth a look :)

Thank You Sponsors!