iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum may get it's own big house!

Started by jeff, July 13, 2001, 06:27:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I have been working on a deal to have a webserver of our own. Not hosted somewhere, but our own dedicated server where we will have room to grow. It is not sure yet, but looks 80% probable. Right now we are working with a 100 megs of space, probably plenty, but the new server will allow us to do things that we will never be able to do here with over 25gigs of space. 250 times what we have now!

Some things I invision:

1. Our own Indentification database with high quality images created by us.
2. Ability for forum members to create web pages instead of just a contact page.
3. A knowledge database created from the awesome knowledge that is available from our forum members.
4. Email@forestryforum.com
5. What ever we need to help promote sustainable forestry and to inform and help our visitors.

When it comes time for the change, we may be down for a little while in order to download all of the files (Were talking almost 3000 posts now ;D ) and to move them to the new server. I will also upgrade the forum software at that time to add even more options for our board.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tom

Jeff,

That sounds great.  I know you will be pleased to see your baby grow like that.  Heck, with the good folks this thing is collecting, it'll be the best site on the web.....it's the most congenial now. :)

KiwiCharlie

G'day Jeff,

That sounds great!!  Count me in.  Hope you will include a tutorial or two for all the new stuff.......!
Onwards and upwards, as they say.
Cheers
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.