iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My tractor is getting younger!!!

Started by brdmkr, November 19, 2005, 05:42:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brdmkr

I finally got a bush hog and started clearing the area we hope to build on.  It was my first experience with a bush hog.  It was almost as much fun as milling 8) 8)  However, I noticed that my hour meter is running backwards!  When I purchased the tractor the guy told me that the meter was not working when he got the tractor and that it was only recently hooked up.  Given that I know jack diddly about tractors, is this a tough thing for me to fix, or will I need to have someone else do this?  Another option is to just run it this way until it is new tractor and start all over!

I also learned that the synthetic/plastic guards on the front and back of the mower are just about worthless.  After only an hour of use, the rear guards are virtually gone.  Of course, I cut some pretty big stuff.  I really stretched that 2" diameter limit (maybe to 3" in one or two cases).  I will be ordering chain guards for it Monday.

Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Tom

Probably has the wires backward.

DC is notorious for running motors and stuff in the direction of the current. 

sawguy21

old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

DouginUtah

Is that common for hour-meters?

My way of thinking says that anyone who manufactures an hour meter that can be falsified should have their profits cut off.

-Doug
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

Tom

I sure hope nobody cuts my profits off.   I've become quite attached to them even though they don't do me much good anymore. :-\

Most hour meters are for maintenance records.  Time clocks that mechanically stamp a card are difficult to change and are used more for financial record keeping.    I guess that Maintenance record keeping is a low security item. :D

DanG

You got a gold mine there, Mike! 8) 8)  Just beat the hell out of it till it's new, then sell it. ;D :D :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

brdmkr

My concern is that it will get to zero and then, POOF, no more tractor :o :o :o :o
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

pigman

Quote from: brdmkr on November 19, 2005, 09:51:12 PM
My concern is that it will get to zero and then, POOF, no more tractor :o :o :o :o
[/quote
Na, but when you use it one hour more, it will be an old worn out tractor with 9,999 hrs. ::)
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Thank You Sponsors!