iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Case 450 Crawler Dozer serial #3044790 Track Free Wheels

Started by Crankillya, June 17, 2019, 12:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crankillya

Hi,The other day I used brakes going downhill and now left track has no power just fee wheels.I don't usually use the brakes just thought I would see if they worked.Dumb move.This Case 450 is early 70's and has a clutch cutout valve and I wonder if it's hanging up.Any ideas? Thanks

Hans1

Does your dozer have the shift levers between your legs that control the tracks independently. I have a 850 case and the track speed levers have Low gear ,neutral ,high sounds like your is stuck in neutral.

mike_belben

Yeah the case machines have left and right 2 speed transmissions to steer.  Brake steering while in gear will strip out the brake hub, it'll drive thru the brakes. 

See if your steer lever linkages are connected to be sure you arent in neutral as was said. After that check oil in the final drive for metal chunks.  Stripping out the pinion or bull gear in there will surely cause a freewheel.
Praise The Lord

Crankillya

Well I pulled the brake assembly and when I start it the pinon start to turn but stops at 8th turn f&r,same if I try and turn it by hand.I was hoping it was the brake circuit but you might be right about the final drive assembly. Thanks for your help I'm going up later I'll check for metal chunks.It's on the low side on the side of a hill.Thanks again Crankillya

Crankillya

Good news (Precious) my Case 450 Dozer is running again.The problem was a stuck brake valve piston in the transmission control valve.Many years of sludge and the valve being installed backwards.The circuit was stuck in neutral. Thanks again for your input.Crankillya

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!