iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

whatsit

Started by flip, December 13, 2007, 03:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flip

Ok, here's yet another whatsit.  We found this in the side wall of a customer's tire.  It cost me $5 to figure it out ::)

Total length is about 3" and the circular end is about 7/16"
Timberking B-20, Hydraulics make me board quick

Tom

It looks like a specially designed tire puncturing device.  :D

Does that spade looking end move?   If so, I would guess it is some kind of pin for securing a joint. 

flip

The flat end does not pivot or move.

Timburr

At first glance, it looks like a brake shoe retaining pin, but I have seen something similar sticking out of a teenager's body part.  :D
Sense is not common

Sunfield Hardwood

It looks to me like a pipe cleaning, tamping device, seems like i've seen them for sale{ I'm talking about a smoking pipe} ya know like Prince Albert in a can. :D
2 international log trucks,woodmizer LT40 Super hyd, cat 910 frontloader, case 1845 skidloader,new holland 4x4 tracter with farmi whinch, lots of stihl saws, waiting to retire so I can spend even more time logging and sawing, yip-yip-yahoo

Dave Shepard

Quote from: Timburr on December 13, 2007, 04:02:15 PM
At first glance, it looks like a brake shoe retaining pin, but I have seen something similar sticking out of a teenager's body part.  :D

My guess as well.

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Burlkraft

I'm with SFHW...A pipe tool 
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Ron Scott

Ditto! on the pipe tool. I use to have one that looked like that.
~Ron

mike_van

16 penny nail, someone left on the RR track -  :D
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Faron

I agree on the brake shoe retaining pin.  I guess you could tamp your pipe with it though.
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Furby

Well my first thought was a miss stamped roofing nail, but it looks like there is a taper on the under side of the head.
That being the case, I don't know what it is. :)

limbrat

Is it part of a clipboard?
ben

flip

Darn, that was too easy.  It is a pipe tobacco tamp/cleaning tool.  Had a customer at the counter a few weeks I was shootin' the b/s with and bet him $5 he couldn't tell me what it was.  It seems his pappy has smoked a pipe since Columbus landed :-\  How it ended up in a tire is beyoned me but it sure did the trick.

Cedarman

Some guy cleaning his pipe out the window while traveling at 60 MPH and OOPS.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

flip

Would have been more interesting to see the pipe in the sidewall,oops.

Tom

I'd like to know how something like that gets into the sidewall of a tire?

SwampDonkey

My mom's uncle had a pipe. My grandfather said he never got down to smoking the tobacco in it. He'd strike a match and take a puff to get it burning, then he would hold it in his hand while telling stories or gossip and before he knew it, it would burn out. They used to say he was only smoking matches. He outlived everyone, just as they predicted. ;D  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!