iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Official 2016 Pigroast RSVP topic

Started by Jeff, June 03, 2016, 03:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GAB

Quote from: Jeff on August 01, 2016, 09:40:53 PM
We need more pig eaters!  I was informed today by the meat packer, that our hog weighs 35lbs more than we wanted.  It may be the biggest hog we ever roasted at around 200lbs hanging weight they estimate.

Does that mean that you have to start cooking it earlier than you had originally planned?
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Roxie

Say when

WmFritz

~Bill

2012 Homebuilt Bandmill
1959 Detroit built Ferguson TO35

Jeff

Quote from: GAB on August 02, 2016, 08:31:16 AM
Quote from: Jeff on August 01, 2016, 09:40:53 PM
We need more pig eaters!  I was informed today by the meat packer, that our hog weighs 35lbs more than we wanted.  It may be the biggest hog we ever roasted at around 200lbs hanging weight they estimate.

Does that mean that you have to start cooking it earlier than you had originally planned?
Gerald

No, but it may get done later than normal and be a bit warmer for the guys to process than they are used to. It should still get done in plenty of time. I may have cooked a 200 pounder years ago for a graduation. I remember we had a long one here one year that was hard to get in the roaster. We are certainly going to need plenty of hands on deck Friday night to get him lifted in and a cooking.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Well I have been eating very little and saving room for my share of that hog.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

stihltoomany

Sorry we won't make it. Hope to meet all you great people next year.
Way too many saws, mostly STIHL
Bobcat S650, Bobcat 331 excavator Bobcat A770
and other dirt toys
Looking for hyd bandsaw mill, Timberking used maybe? NOT anymore!
WoodMizer LT40 super

sandhills

Quote from: Magicman on August 02, 2016, 12:46:46 PM
Well I have been eating very little and saving room for my share of that hog.   :D
Sorry Magic, we've all seen your pictures  ::)  :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

glassman_48

gab,
Thanks for staying in touch and making the extra effort to see me next week, looking forward to seeing you and your wife again.  I am about an hour and a half from the pigroast, hopefully will get down there pretty early to help Jeff and his family.

Tam-i-am

the truck is all packed and we are ready to roll.   

Logrite Brownies

andJeff's favorite:  two flavors of koolickles :D :D :D
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Magicman

This morning's weather forecast shows that we will have blue skies and clear sailing.   8)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

grweldon

I wish you all a very enjoyable time.  I wish I could join you but I'm starting a new job on Monday, I just can't make the trip!  Cheers y'all from Alabama!
My three favorite documents: The Holy Bible, The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution of the United States.

Jeff

WV Sawmiller

Quote from: Magicman on August 05, 2016, 07:55:03 AM
This morning's weather forecast shows that we will have blue skies and clear sailing.   8)

Send some our way. We had a cloudburst and I just went out and had to clear the drain as the road was flooded and water was getting into my log barn on my lot.
Quote from: Jeff on August 05, 2016, 12:46:14 PM

Somebody needs a reminder about the FF policy on ladders.

Tammy,

I hope y'all empty both jars of those monstrosities. I can't believe there are people in this world who eat things like that but don't eat grits :D :D :D.

I hope you all have a great time and the best PR yet.
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

fishpharmer

Sure wish I could be there! Be safe and have fun!
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

thechknhwk

thatchipperguy

That Chipper Guy group has 8 coming so that brings the total to........75

Go-fer-wood

We finally were able to make it happen, so 2 for us, bringing to total to 77.
"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." --John Adams

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Kingcha

I'm bringing a couple of my homemade no knead breads.  One for Jeff and one for the party.     Going into the oven shortly.    Flour, yeast, salt and water only so they are as healthy as bread can be

Hope to be there by 11am

Matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

Magicman

Quote from: thechknhwk on August 05, 2016, 03:28:09 PM
How late does this usually go?
All day Saturday and there will be a campfire Saturday night.

Kingcha

It's out of the oven

The hard part is not cutting into.  :)

Matt
a Wood-mizer LT15 10hp Electric, 45hp Kioti tractor, electric smoker, wood-fired brick oven & yes a custom built Solar Kiln

tule peak timber

persistence personified - never let up , never let down

Jeff

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Jeff, you were not kidding about a BIG pig. :o

Thank You Sponsors!