iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

outcast Christmas

Started by yukon cornelius, December 20, 2015, 10:34:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yukon cornelius

Today I stumbled upon the fact that we were once again not invited to Christmas. I still have no idea why. So....
To all the loners, outcast, black sheep and just plain left outers, you are welcome here for Christmas, thanksgiving and absolutely any time.
It seems I am a coarse thread bolt in a world of fine threaded nuts!

Making a living with a manual mill can be done!

LIL

I didn't want to just read and run. 

If you are ever in our neighbourhood you are more than welcome :D

Seasons greetings to you

LIL
Hobbies and Interests  

Interests revolve around my partners love of sawmills! - Hence being his NUMBER ONE OFFLOADER - Myself - I like the smell of sawdust. If I had my choice I would have BIG MACHINERY - who wouldn't want their own combine harvester and an 18 wheeler (Scania)

drobertson

I think it would bother me too, but then again if folks don't want us around, I sure don't want to be there,  I hope you all have a Merry Christmas, and a  :new_year:
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

cbla

It seems that people can be quick to call when they need something, but other times act like they don't know you. Merry Christmas to you and yours yukon Cornelius!

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

yukon cornelius

It just crushes me. I guess it is what it is and we will keep on trucking like it never happened. I can't let that break me.

Just Me

Well at least you are in a beautiful area! I raced a couple of times at Wheatland and after the first days event I went for a drive around the track in a big circle. Awesome area! I actually looked into moving there, could have had a job with Lucas.

My family is all fractured as well, and for years it bothered me, but now I just don't let it bother me. Well, maybe a little bit........

Merry Christmas, Larry

landscraper

Quote from: yukon cornelius on December 21, 2015, 06:25:51 AM
It just crushes me. I guess it is what it is and we will keep on trucking like it never happened. I can't let that break me.

I hear you Yukon, goes the same for me, and I imagine many of the people who are square pegs in a round hole world.  It used to really bug my wife, but she learned forgiveness and mercy.  I'm still working on that part :D

Sometimes I think there are two completely different but parallel worlds and I'm in one and most people are in another.  Apparently I should get on Facebook to find out what's going on in the other world.  Nah, maybe not.   ;D

Enjoy your Christmas with the people who you love, and as they say in Rome - Non Illigitimati Carborundum (or however you say it).

Firewood is energy independence on a personal scale.

Jeff

Yukon, I am not just saying this because I know you won't or can't. but if you can find a way, you and your family are more than welcome to come to our Christmas. Not just this Christmas.  Plan on Next Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and all of your Family. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Be sure to hang a special wreath for us at the Chilly Chili.  Friends are not bought, they are earned.   :)

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

Yukon, you can do like my Dad used to do.  He would just show up uninvited. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

isawlogs

Merry Christmas, my door is always open. Anyone that wants to venture up in the snowland ( we would normaly have snow).... Are more then welcomed to sit at the table, house aint very big, we do have room to fit more then a few if you are willing to throw the two labs off the couch...  :D

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

47sawdust

Marcel,
Now that is my kinda couch.We are Labless for the first time in 25 years.I may have to make a trip north.
Yukon,
Christmas can be a real mixed bag for a lot of people.Sometimes you have to keep your circle small and just do the best you can.You never know when a small miracle or unexpected surprise is gonna show up.All the best to you and your family.
Merry Christmas,
Mick  :snowball: :snowball:
Mick
1997 WM Lt30 1999 WM twin blade edger Kubota L3750 Tajfun winchGood Health Work is my hobby.

trapper

Wife and I will be alone Christmas day so it was a good opportunity to invite a lady from church that would have been alone Christmas day.
stihl ms241cm ms261cm  echo 310 400 suzuki  log arch made by stepson several logrite tools woodmizer LT30

WH_Conley

Anybody makes down this way is welcome. Might be just a Bologna sandwich. We will make room.
Bill

yukon cornelius

I am overwhelmed with all of your kindness! i have never found a group of people like you guys. i feel refreshed. God is good!

sawguy21

Is this due to family issues? My dad maintained that he did not have to be friends just because he was related. Can you invite people to your place and start a new tradition?
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandhills

Sorry to hear this Yukon, We wish your family a very merry Christmas as well, to your family as well as any other here, our door is always open as well, and it doesn't have to be a holiday (just be prepared for 3 spoiled dogs, 1 VERY curious cat, and 1 VERY psychotic cat  :D).

yukon cornelius

Sawguy, I really don't know the cause. We are often just forgot. We are pretty independent and never have needed anything from any of them never been a fight or bicker between us. we have always been there to offer help any time its needed. I sometimes think they forget we exist. I guess that's not the worst. We decided to always have our own holidays so my boys will know it will always be here and they will always be invited. It still feels bad to see you were forgot or ommited. We will always have as pot open for any of you here also.

beenthere

yukon
Don't dwell on it, but instead invite someone over. A neighbor, a church member or family.  Just ask around, and in doing so you may get invited to their festivities on Christmas Day.

You may have given others the impression that you would rather be just your family on Christmas Day. And they are just trying to honor your feelings, not knowing that your feelings are hurt.

Start inviting... saying "We have an empty house Christmas Day, you are invited to come on over and join us".
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

goose63

Yukon as far as I know its just the wife and I but I'm still cooking a turkey with all the fixens your welcome here

Any one of you passing through are welcome  :christmas: to all
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

r.man

We have a community Christmas dinner here in town. Quite a few people who have family dinners as well but not everyone. In my family everyone assumes an invitation is offered, you just should mention if you are coming to settle numbers.
Life is too short or my list is too long, not sure which. Dec 2014

Woodhauler

Quote from: yukon cornelius on December 20, 2015, 10:34:10 PM
Today I stumbled upon the fact that we were once again not invited to Christmas. I still have no idea why. So....
To all the loners, outcast, black sheep and just plain left outers, you are welcome here for Christmas, thanksgiving and absolutely any time.
If you make it to maine, I am hosting a Christmas eve gathering in my garage! All are welcome! First year doing it. My dad tried it after mom died and it was to much! We have family and who ever shows up!
2013 westernstar tri-axle with 2015 rotobec elite 80 loader!Sold 2000 westernstar tractor with stairs air ride trailer and a 1985 huskybrute 175 T/L loader!

yukon cornelius

All of you are awesome! Thank you all for the invitations!

Texas Ranger

I spent far to many Christmas' alone, service, new job, etc.  Christmas is not for me what it is for others, I loved it when the kids were here, now find grandkids are not the same as my kids.  So, this time of year always depresses me.  This year with daughters, kids, my wife, dogs, boyfriends, husbands, and hope for a better year.  The saving grace is wife that thinks Christmas is a year round thing, so, maybe it will be supercharged.

All that dark being said.  Merry Christmas, to each and everyone.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

red

Just don't turn onto an Ebenezer Scrooge . . Charles Dickens wrote A Christmas Carol in 1843 . . and even Scrooge had a good Christmas
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Jeff on December 21, 2015, 07:53:55 AM
Yukon, I am not just saying this because I know you won't or can't. but if you can find a way, you and your family are more than welcome to come to our Christmas. Not just this Christmas.  Plan on Next Christmas.

Merry Christmas to you and all of your Family. :)

Yukon......this would be a great trip.....you will not want to leave as Jeff and Tammy are wonderful host.
As a man of my word, I will pay for your gas to Jeff's house for your Christmas present this year.  smiley_christmas
Merry Christmas. Goat.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Magicman

But Jeff said "Not this Christmas.  Plan on next Christmas."   ;)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

SawyerBrown

Yukon, my heart goes out to you.  You seem like such a warm, generous, caring person ... and it just doesn't seem fair.

Know that you have many, many friends here on the Forestry Forum.  I know I'll be thinking about and praying for you, and I'll bet many others will be as well.  So you won't really be alone on Christmas ...

I like to use "alone time" at Christmas to reflect on the real meaning of the day, and the great gift that was given to all of us.  Hard to be bitter when you think about that.

Merry Christmas, and hope to get to talk to you over a hot bowl of chili later this winter!

Pete

Pete Brown, Saw It There LLC.  Wood-mizer LT35HDG25, Farmall 'M', 16' trailer.  Custom sawing only (at this time).  Long-time woodworker ... short-time sawyer!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 21, 2015, 06:34:54 PM

He can choose which Christmas...... :)

Andy White

Larry,
You still know the way to our house! Our home is always open for dear friends at any time. Nancy will put out the good china and jelly jars. This would make a great Christmas for all of us. You will always be welcome here.
Merry Christmas to you and the family.            Andy and Nancy :snowball: :snowball: :new_year: :new_year:
Learning by day, aching by night, but loving every minute of it!! Running HM126 Woodland Mill, Stihl MS290, Homemade Log Arch, JD 5103/FEL and complete woodshop of American Delta tools.

dustyhat

With all these warm invites ,im thinking of doing some visiting myself.

dnalley

Somehow I got a different meaning from Jeff's post ???  Straighten me out Jeff.

beenthere

Think Jeff said "Not just this Christmas"

QuoteYukon, I am not just saying this because I know you won't or can't. but if you can find a way, you and your family are more than welcome to come to our Christmas. Not just this Christmas.  Plan on Next Christmas.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: beenthere on December 21, 2015, 07:55:03 PM
Think Jeff said "Not just this Christmas"

QuoteYukon, I am not just saying this because I know you won't or can't. but if you can find a way, you and your family are more than welcome to come to our Christmas. Not just this Christmas.  Plan on Next Christmas.

This is correct. He is invited not JUST this Christmas bit NEXT Christmas also.

Magicman mis read it on his "Flip Phone".  :D :D :D :D GOT CHA GOAT.  :D :D :D :D

Magicman

Yup, my goat gets got.   :-\

It's always better for me to quote with the quote instead of my memor.......   now what was I trying to remember??   ???

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 21, 2015, 09:56:12 PM
Yup, my goat gets got.   :-\

It's always better for me to quote with the quote instead of my memor.......   now what was I trying to remember??   ???

:)  :christmas:

Magicman

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 21, 2015, 07:58:51 PMMagicman mis read it on his "Flip Phone".
I'll have you to know that I don't got no flip phone no more.   :D

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 21, 2015, 10:22:30 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on December 21, 2015, 07:58:51 PMMagicman mis read it on his "Flip Phone".
I'll have you to know that I don't got no flip phone no more.   :D

Did you find the older Bag Phone on sale?  :D

Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

Hey, a deal is a deal, and I said "jacks jacks no trade backs".  (old saying)

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: Magicman on December 21, 2015, 10:37:17 PM
Hey, a deal is a deal, and I said "jacks jacks no trade backs".  (old saying)

Montgomery Ward has these on sale....2 for the price of one.  :D :D :D :D :D

Oh yeah.....they're not in business anymore.

blackfoot griz

I was debating on posting this because I am not soliciting any sympathy, just trying to add a perspective.
For the first time in my life, I was dreading this upcoming Christmas. My parents always had a huge annual Christmas party. Even after dad passed 5 years ago,  mom insisted on carrying   on the tradition. She would start decorating  her house and baking  before Thanksgiving. She passed away this year-- on Mother's  Day. Through this same time period, I have been going through a divorce. It was looking like a lonely, depressing Christmas.

I just got word that my best buddy is flying in from 2,000 miles away for Christmas .  That is the  definition of a true friend!
For me, I am appreciating  what  I do have, what the holiday is about. Finally I am  wishing all of my FF friends a wonderful  Christmas and a terrific 2016!!

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Magicman

And a Merry Christmas to you my Friend.  There is a light shining somewhere if we will pause to look.   :)

yukon cornelius

wow! this is what Christmas is about! you guys are very amazing! blackfoot griz, I know what you mean about not being sure about posting. I bet I typed this topic in a half dozen times and deleted and walked away and came back to do the same again. I certainly did not want sympathy nor did I want to degrade any of them or look like a crybaby. I was sad but angry but frustrated and I just wanted to say something. my wife saw me deleting what I had typed and told me to just post it. she thought it might help to get other perspectives on it. it certainly has. I may have gave the impression we didn't want to come. maybe it stems from working fire and ems for so long and always working the holidays. I was never able to be there so they just never missed me. maybe they just don't care for my company. I am a bit odd but I care deeply for everyone. I don't care what I drive or look like or about having fancy anything. I care about my little family and my fellow man. I never in my wildest dreams would have guessed a forum I joined to learn about sawmills would truly change my life. you are all my new family and I love every last one of you. whether you do or don't like grits, whether you are telegraph, flip or smart phone, pro goat or no goat. I absolutely cannot wait til the chilly chili dinner to have you guys come here!

yukon cornelius

Quote from: Magicman on December 21, 2015, 11:04:28 PM
And a Merry Christmas to you my Friend.  There is a light shining somewhere if we will pause to look.   :)

you don't have to look to hard here, there are a lot of shining lights in this forum/home! 

Tam-i-am

Quote from: yukon cornelius on December 21, 2015, 11:21:54 PM
wow! this is what Christmas is about! you guys are very amazing! blackfoot griz, I know what you mean about not being sure about posting. I bet I typed this topic in a half dozen times and deleted and walked away and came back to do the same again. I certainly did not want sympathy nor did I want to degrade any of them or look like a crybaby. I was sad but angry but frustrated and I just wanted to say something. my wife saw me deleting what I had typed and told me to just post it. she thought it might help to get other perspectives on it. it certainly has. I may have gave the impression we didn't want to come. maybe it stems from working fire and ems for so long and always working the holidays. I was never able to be there so they just never missed me. maybe they just don't care for my company. I am a bit odd but I care deeply for everyone. I don't care what I drive or look like or about having fancy anything. I care about my little family and my fellow man. I never in my wildest dreams would have guessed a forum I joined to learn about sawmills would truly change my life. you are all my new family and I love every last one of you. whether you do or don't like grits, whether you are telegraph, flip or smart phone, pro goat or no goat. I absolutely cannot wait til the chilly chili dinner to have you guys come here!

Oh I can't say this enough - this is the most amazing place!  The people on this forum amaze me with their kindness and generosity.  Jeff has created a huge family for all of us.

Yukon - you should never be afraid to post something on the forum.  Everyone here is very supportive.

Merry Christmas to everyone!
Get Stuff Moving Today!  www.bluecreeper.com  www.facebook.com/Bluecreeper

Jeff

Quote from: dnalley on December 21, 2015, 07:36:31 PM

Somehow I got a different meaning from Jeff's post ???  Straighten me out Jeff.

He left a word out Tiny Tim. I said not JUST this Christmas.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Magicman

Yup, the ole eyes get blurry sometimes.  ::)   :christmas:

samandothers

Griz
Sorry for your losses.  Sounds like you have a great friend that you will spend time with for Christmas. 

As Magicman stated:

Quote from: Magicman on December 21, 2015, 11:04:28 PM

I wish you and others a great Christmas   :christmas:  and a most wonderful New Year  :new_year:!

Thank You Sponsors!