iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

sagi hara bar

Started by nfp, July 19, 2001, 06:28:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nfp

ive got the sagi hara bar without roller nose,i need the nose?  bar has wornout 10 chains on 066 sthil.  can anyone out there or downunder help me? #3st10sj5063  F    0087  0308 also says tough lons star tip  thanks nfp

Gordon

A sagi hara bar? Never have heard of them let alone ever run one. Why not just trash the bar and buy new? Why is the bar trashing chains? If you do want to save this bar could you get the bar reconditioned.

Is it possible that your oil setting for the baroil is set to low and running the bar dry?

Gordon

Tom

Sounds to me like it has done a pretty good job if it has worn out 10 chains. Of course I mean to say, if you got all the life out of the 10 chains.

I have a Husky with its original hard nosed bar and dressing gets me back into business again. when I ran a roller tip I couldn't keep it "clean" enough to get much life out of the bar.  

nfp

gordon & tom this bar is something special. the man i bought the 066 stihl from usually cuts 2 semi loads of logs aday. he has gone to mech. harvester opperation so no need for saws. he's the one that told me this is the best bar he ever ran,wearing out 10 chains, or using up 10 chains.the rails are .051 no wear after that much use. i have oregon,stihl and windsor bars that open up to next size chain after 6or8 chains. that's the reason to put sugi hara bar back in service. this man told me he use to put 5 cutters in woods each day and kept 10 big saws running, probaly has seen alot of bars wear out.  thanks nfp

nfp

thanks ,Mike Rupley for finding the sagi hara bar tip for me the 65 viewers know who to ask for hard to find parts now.   later nfp

timberbeast

The 65 viewers know how to be courteous as well.  Nuff said.
Where the heck is my axe???

L. Wakefield

Very good point about courtesy. As I see it, this newsgroup is made up of voluntary participants who are free to come and go as they please; read or not, post or not.( And expertise there is here, in buckets. I'm very glad to have benefit of it.)

This is very different from a role of 'public servant' or someone who, say, works in a restaurant or- let's take a WILD example here with which I am INTIMATELY familiar- works in a hospital. There the 'public' comes in and if they have a certain type of personality- immediate start to snarl, snap, and complain if you don't JUMP to serve them and step-and-fetch-it to their tune.

Some folks just ain't house-broke. One hopes that this will come around and teach its own lesson in good time when they are on the receiving end of the same attitude. and behavior. ::) ::) ::) ::)   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

Tom

------------
Some folks just ain't house-broke.
--------------

Hear, Hear !

nfp

well, this post was way down on list so i thought i would thank mike for finding tip. alot of people didnt know the saji hara name,like me, some people even wrote me personal e-mail that didnt reach forum saying they were interested in the out come of search so i let everyone know w/a thank you.  to mike, little did i know it would back-fire sorry for the misunderstanding, i would never slam anyone. nfp

Jeff

That's the problem with this format at times. Sometimes a message wrote in haste sounds like  something other then you meant it to.

Nfp, I apologize for the misunderstanding. I welcome your posts. I have learned from you. I had never heard of a sagi hara bar and now I have!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

timberbeast

My apologies,  nfp!!  I guess I just don't know your style yet.  That is my fault,  not yours,  and I was the discourteous one.  No excuses,  just a misunderstanding.
Where the heck is my axe???

Thank You Sponsors!