iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Establishing a New Pine Plantation

Started by WDH, November 03, 2008, 10:05:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andries

I can't think of a better memorial to Danny.
Thanks for the photos Jake, and a tip of the hat to you for continuing to support his family. 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Southside

Pretty impressive when you realize those trees are all of 14 years old. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

customsawyer

All I can say is they are the ones that deserve the credit for continuing with Danny's work. It is truly my honor to be the one that gets to help them. If any of y'all were closer I would have to fight you off to get that honor.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Magicman

Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

thecfarm

Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Ron Scott

~Ron

WDH

Hi everyone, this is Amanda, WDH's daughter. This is a picture of the other plantation - the one that my daddy planted in January 2018. The trees are in their 6th growing season. We tried to find the same spot as his other pictures, but I'm not sure if this is it...looked close to us. My daughter, Maddy Claire, is featured in this photo.

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Southside

Thank you Amanda, thank you. That brought a tear to my eye. Jim
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

caveman

They are sure growing.  I saw them not long after they were planted when your daddy spent part of a day with my forestry team and me.  Your daddy was tremendous influence on me and a wealth of knowledge to this forum.  He is sorely missed, and I am thankful to have had the opportunity to know and learn from him.
Caveman

Andries

Amanda, thanks for posting.
It's been said that imitation is the most sincere form of flattery.
Following in Danny's footsteps is probably the biggest compliment that could be paid to the man that all of us on the Forum admired. 
I'm looking forward to everything and anything you may contribute in the future.
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

customsawyer

Well done Amanda! The trees sure are doing their thing too. Looks like I need to get some more doughnuts over there to Maddy, so she can keep up with those trees.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

SwampDonkey

thumbs-up Great stuff. Your dad, and now you, sure know how to grow pine.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Nebraska

Thank You Sponsors!