iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fuel use

Started by ladylake, Today at 04:36:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ladylake and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

ladylake

My little Isuzu is doing real good, I sawed 14 1/2 hours on 1 tank sawing pine with good off bearers so sawing steady. A new record for me,.   I've made it 13 hours a couple of times.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Nebraska

Is that the second motor your mill has had on it?

ladylake

Yes it came with a 27 hp Kohler which used over twice as much fuel and was under powered in tough wide cuts .  Still ran good with almost 5000 hours on it.  My Isuzu  has over 12000 hours now and still doesn't use oil.  Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

jpassardi

12,000 Hrs. is impressive
LT15 W/Trailer, Log Turner, Power Feed & up/down
CAT 416 Backhoe W/ Self Built Hydraulic Thumb and Forks
Husky 372XP, 550XPG, 60, 50,   WM CBN Sharpener & Setter
40K # Excavator, Bobcat 763, Kubota RTV 900
Orlan Wood Gasification Boiler -Slab Disposer

Magicman

I have never sawed over 12 hours but even then I was not concerned about fuel.  I have never emptied a five gallon jug into the fuel tank.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

ladylake

Some claim they get by with 5 gallons of gas a day, they aren't sawing much.  I was sawing 400 bf a hour all day.  Steve

CCCLLC

That's  impressive! Cost of diesel  is up. Yanmar isn't  quite  that good. 47hp is probably  double. 

Thank You Sponsors!