iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

cuting speed

Started by 4woody, December 13, 2006, 08:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4woody

I am cutting in 4 minits 8 ft 4 by 30 inchs  slabs  is that good for a chain saw

Furby

4woody

white oak with a jhonson red 930 an the modafid chain i talk about before i timed it today

Kelvin

Sounds pretty good for what i recall with my alaskan mill.  How often do you sharpen your chain?  Every cut?  White oak is tuff, and the wider the tougher!
Kp

4woody

Kelvin i get 3 or 4 cuts before i need to sharpen i cut untill it slows down an then it etheir needs sharpen or the air felter needs cleaned

rebocardo

What chainsaw set up are you using? If you are using something like a Procut trailer setup (you were building one?)  and if that is a 90 cc saw then I say your speed is a tad slow. It should be more like two minutes for 8' x 30" in white oak. You should be able to cut at a slow idle type of walk.

4woody

rebocardo that 4 minutes incoulded looking at the clock in the house an going out side an makeing the cut comeing inside to see what time it was

logwalker

There wasn't a trip past the beer cooler on that trip was there?
Let's all be careful out there tomorrow. Lt40hd, 22' Kenworth Flatbed rollback dump, MM45B Mitsubishi trackhoe, Clark5000lb Forklift, Kubota L2850 tractor

4woody

That was with the timbor jig just finished the aparment so now i will have time to start on the procutmill

4woody

Will i just thought i woud tell yall how much i got for them broads that was takeing 4mines to cut i got 200$ for 6 2by 12 prety good 30 mines

Fla._Deadheader

I'd say ya done good  8) 8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

4woody

Thank you Deadheader it made me happy $

Thank You Sponsors!