iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The Heart of the Wood

Started by sgtmaconga, August 03, 2009, 07:22:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

steamsawyer

I heard this duo yesterday for the first time at a friends birthday party. The first thing that came to mind was my friends here on The Forestry Forum.

This song reminds me of my granpa. He moved a prominent local family down to this area from north Florida in 1932, to set up a sawmill. It later became one of the largest sawmills on the east coast of Florida.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9YWqjuJMkc

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

Herb Brooks

It is probably coincidence but the vidieo for "A Bible And A Belt" is 3:16 long.

mesquite buckeye

Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

steamsawyer

Funny. I don't know how I missed this thread before but when I heard this duo over the weekend I couldn't wait to post a thread. I posted the video as a new thread but it fell right onto this one... Maybe because I used the same title I guess.

Alan
J. A. Vance circular sawmill, 52" blade, powered by a 70 HP 9 1/2 x 10 James Leffel portable steam engine.

Inside this tired old mans body is just a little boy that wants to go out and play.

Great minds think alike.....  Does your butt itch too?

Alan Rudd
Steam Punk Extraordinaire.

Jeff

Nope, cause I merged it so you could see the other comments. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Jeff

Has anyone else discovered the Joey and Rory show on RFD? I really like this throw back style program.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Thank You Sponsors!