iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Congratulations to Cedarman

Started by Jeff, March 23, 2007, 04:15:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wwsjr

The article was on the WM site last night. Comes up as pdf., 23 pages.
Retired US Army, Full Time Sawyer since 2001. 2013 LT40HD Super with 25HP 3 Phase, Command Control with Accuset2. ED26 WM Edger, Ford 3930 w/FEL, Prentice Log Loader. Stihl 311, 170 & Logrite Canthooks. WM Million BF Club Member.

sgtmaconga

Measure twice cut once

Captain

Bibbyman will have to let us non-WM owners how to see the article online.

Congrats Cederman.  You're a positive role model to us all.  :)

Captain

leweee

just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Percy

GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

solodan

Been busy, so I just saw this.

Congratulations!

8)                          8)                              8)

OneWithWood

Hardly ever have a spare moment on a weekend so I am late to the party.

Congrats, Cedarman.  You have every right to be proud, for yourself and your family!
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

LedlieLogs

Way to go Cedarfamily. I feel more successful just hanging around the same forum as you and your family. Keep up the good work. Your really gonna have to pull out all the stops to top this one. From what I read this is well deserved and long over due.
Ledlie
Wildlife Action, GA. A great place for kids. No lights, no phone, no motorcars, not a single luxury. Just the GREAT OUTDOORS and the reason I am learning to mill and build small log cabins.

Roxie

Oh my gosh!  You didn't just win, you're Grand Champion!!   8) 8)

Totally awesome! 

Note to Leewee:  Thanks for the link! 
Say when

BigTrev

Woohoo Cedarman  8) 8) 8) 8)

Hey I only just figured out the scrolling banner was a link  ::)
If at first you dont succeed, try a bigger hammer

Bibbyman

We got our Wood-Mizer Way today ....  8) 

I read it cover to cover while Mary was starting supper.  Then she got her chance.....  Being the smartly she is,  she spotted something really odd about the article on Richard's grand prize.

See if you can spot it...  :o

Wood-Mizer Way - Winter/Spring 2007
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

pigman

Bibby, do you mean the blue ribbon with the " Business Best 2004 Contest " on it?  I noticed that two weeks ago when I got my copy. ;D
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Bibbyman

Quote from: pigman on April 07, 2007, 08:16:53 PM
Bibby, do you mean the blue ribbon with the " Business Best 2004 Contest " on it?  I noticed that two weeks ago when I got my copy. ;D

Yea,  that's it.  ::)
Sawing since '94

Bibbyman

OK. 'nether question for you guys with sharp eyes..

On page 17 where they have the story about Dick & Ron Flynn's third place award,  they have a picture of their LT70 set up with roller conveyors going out the hitch end and over here and there.

The mill is obviously a "walk along" model with Accuset.  But it looks like it has an hydraulic box and return skid table of an LT40 model.  I thought the LT70 had the hydraulic pump box mounted mid-frame some place?  Also,  where are the hydraulic controls?  Looks like it'd be real difficult to operate if they were sticking out of the hydraulic box under the roller case as it looks like in the picture.
Sawing since '94

customsawyer

I know on my LT70 the hyd controls are the same as the LT40 except that I have one extra for the chain on  the log turner. The way I understand it you need to have the remote modle to get the mid mount hyd box. As to what the Flynns' have going I don't know.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Bibbyman

Quote from: customsawyer on April 08, 2007, 07:08:30 AM
I know on my LT70 the hyd controls are the same as the LT40 except that I have one extra for the chain on  the log turner. The way I understand it you need to have the remote modle to get the mid mount hyd box. As to what the Flynns' have going I don't know.

You know...  I've seen quite a few LT70s at shows and such and I guess everyone has been equipped with a remote station.  I see now how the non-remote would have the box and valve assembly like the LT40 but I can't see how he gets to the valves to use them.

Maybe he's got a monkey under the roller table pullin' them?  smiley_monkeyfight
Sawing since '94

DoubleD

I have seen for the first time this post so i Would like to add my
congratulation to Cedarman and his family

Way to go  8) 8) 8)

Dave  ;D
Wannabe a sawmiller

Thank You Sponsors!