iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

COVID again

Started by Chuck White, Yesterday at 09:11:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chuck White

Got a phone call from my brother on 05/12 when he told me that he wasn't feeling well, and just tested POSITIVE for COVID.

I tested 05/13, NEG - 05/14, NEG - 05/16, POS - 05/17, NEG

I called the DR office and spoke with the nurse, she stated that only showing positive one day, that the antibodies in my system didn't allow a full blown COVID episode, and no need for further testing.

I am feeling fine now, just isolating myself from the public for a couple more days!

My brother says that he's improving, but slowly.  I went down and mowed his yard yesterday, he said he just wasn't up to it!

I brought along a thermos of coffee for me, and we had a coffee break visit on opposite ends of his deck when the mowing was done!

~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

Magicman

I don't want it again.  I was not terribly sick but I did isolate myself from everyone for about 10 days as was recommended.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

doc henderson

We are seeing it also.  almost no one needs to be in the hospital.  those that are already sick with other things, or old and frail are in for a few days.  all of the mutations have seemed to render it like the other coronaviruses, more of a cold.  I never tested positive over the past 5 years.  I did vaccinate during the worse of it, not since.  I attribute it to all the viral infections I have been exposed to doing pediatric ED.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

woodroe

Thats pretty remarkable Doc. !
Skidding firewood with a kubota L3300.

Ianab

Quote from: doc henderson on Yesterday at 09:41:06 AMWe are seeing it also.  almost no one needs to be in the hospital.  those that are already sick with other things, or old and frail are in for a few days.  all of the mutations have seemed to render it like the other coronaviruses, more of a cold.  I never tested positive over the past 5 years.  I did vaccinate during the worse of it, not since.  I attribute it to all the viral infections I have been exposed to doing pediatric ED.
Seeing the same thing here, there are still cases occurring, but usually only "cold" or other fairly mild symptoms. Fatigue is another common one, as in too tired to mow the lawn, but not sick enough to need medical care. 

I'm not sure of the virus has got weaker, or that now everyone has a least some resistance to it? While that resistance, either from a vaccine or from fighting off an infection seems to wear off over time, some immune response remains. While often not enough to fight off an infection, it's able to ramp up again fast enough to fight it off before the infection gets too bad. So a lot of cases like Chuck describes. It does affect everyone differently as well. Even in the early stages some people had almost no symptoms, while others ended up dead.

Lil is the only one in our house that's tested positive, and she only had the sniffles for a couple of days. But like the Doc she is exposed to every virus you can imagine as a kindy teacher. However some of her workmates have had 3 infections so far. Nothing serious, but a week off work sort of thing. 

Chuck, if you have recently shaken the virus, your system will be full of the anti-bodies that fight it. You shouldn't get re-infected for some time (months?). It's as those antibodies fade away that you become vulnerable to infection again. Hence the vaccine boosters still being offered to the elderly and other at risk folks. The vaccine doesn't have to be 100% effective to be useful, if it boosts your resistance back up enough that it turns a potential hospital stay into a bad cold, it's a win. 
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Chuck White

Ian; That's pretty-much what the nurse told me.

The antibodies in my system stopped a "full-on" battle with COVID!

I probably should get another booster when they become available again in this area!
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

thecfarm

I had it about 4-5 months ago. 
I was cutting wood and had no idea I had it. Felt like a cold. Wife had it and the side effects lingered on for a more then a month.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!