iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

The weather

Started by thecfarm, August 04, 2008, 08:46:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

A good rain since about 11am is coming down.
We still can use it.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

HolmenTree

I just accidentally stumbled onto the general forum here.
I always was stuck on the chainsaw forum, a pleasant surprise. :)

Weather wise up here in Thompson,Manitoba we've accumulated a record snowfall of 30 inches since October 1st and it's still here.
32F here today and 1 hour drive south there is no snow. Gonna be a long winter.
Picture here is from my front door, Burntwood River is still open but my neighbor has had enough and his place is up for sale.

Making a living with a saw since age 16.

Roxie

Welcome to the General Board.   :)
Say when

HolmenTree

Thanks! Really nice membership on here. :)

thecfarm

First morning I have to start the truck to melt the frost off the windshield.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

goose63

thecfarm we had a high of 75 yesterday 8) and maybe again today I LIKE IT 8) 8) 8)
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

SwampDonkey

This was our first hard freeze here 25F this morning. Sun though. Warm up next week.  8)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

rjwoelk

Shirt sleeve weather in southern saskatchewan,  according to my wife. I have had very nice weather this trip so far just close to freezing in the morning and no jacket afternoons from montreal to  sault st marie.
Lt15 palax wood processor,3020 JD 7120 CIH 36x72 hay shed for workshop coop tractor with a duetz for power plant

curdog

Had a cold front come through yesterday, so today is only going to be in the 70s.... no rain in sight and a few fires are burning across the western part of the state.  A lot of the trees are still green and no frost yet.... strange weather this fall.

HolmenTree

Warm westerly air and sunshine rolling in from Saskatchewan.
32F for a high a couple of days ago now we're getting into  60's territory with lots of sun, finally getting our Indian summer .
Forecast the same for all of next week. Snow will be gone   8)

thecfarm

With daylight saving time,it's nice that it's daylight at 6 in the morning.  ;D
A cloudy day and no wind.

WDH

November 10 will be exactly 2 month with no measurable rain.  We are past bone dry.  Sadly, I believe this will cause a great deal of tree mortality. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Jim_Rogers

Raining here now.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

slider

Danny i was thinking the same thing just yesterday.I think we are going on 40 days without rain.My slab pile is way too large.
al glenn

thecfarm

You GA guys are having it bad. Seem like a few years back,the same thing,kinda dry?

WDH

Not much leaf color this year.  The leaves just turn brown and fall off. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

SwampDonkey

I hope the wells in the area are doing alright. Mighty inconvenient without water from the tap.

I think there were over 2000 wells in NS that dried up this summer, some came back after fall rains, a lot did not. We really have not had a lot of rain at all up here. Mist showers don't add up to much, that is mostly all we got here except for a couple soakers. I suspect rainfall amounts for the year are very low. But also the weather out back where we thin is prone to higher rain fall than here along the river. They have a weather station and tower set up out there in the woods for long term study on forest growth. University doing it I believe. Boss man thinned the woods around it twice over that last couple decades. First was with brush saw, second was processor. Part of the study I think. I don't know any details, as I'm not in the loop. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sawguy21

27C on the south side of the house. :o This is unbelievable for early November, we have had one light frost so far. I may have to cut the grass again.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

SwampDonkey

I'd be getting the blower out. It will probably hit soon with wind and snow. :D

Bandmill Bandit

Got to 24C on the north side of the house and is still holding at 22C with a warm west wind at the moment. 
Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

Gearbox

North MN has been so warm 50 s up to 60 almost every day . Today I was working on my 4 way wedge and pulled the processer out of the shop to torch a small cut . When I turned off the flame I had a grass fire in the lawn . We have had no rain or snow for at least 3 weeks .
A bunch of chainsaws a BT6870 processer , TC 5 International track skidder and not near enough time

thecfarm

Yesterday and today was both warm days for this area,in the 50's.

thecfarm

The wind. It was a cold wind too. Lost power for a while,which did not come as shock,the way that wind was blowing.
Red oak leaves are all brown. Might not be many on the trees now.

WDH

62nd day here with NO rain. 

curdog

We've been smoked in for last few days. Many fires burning near us, and still no real chance of rain.

Thank You Sponsors!