iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Busy 2012?

Started by Magicman, December 25, 2011, 02:59:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magicman

Since this rain will insure that my sawing is over for this year, I will go into next year with 12 saw jobs on my schedule and waiting for me.  Since I am sure to pick up more, year 2011 2012 is gearing up to be busy.  At least the first part anyway.

My goal is to finish the Cabin Addition before Spring.  Next on my personal stuff to do list is to build a log cabin bunkhouse behind the Cabin.  Did I say "Busy".   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Cedarman

I wouldn't mind a rerun of 2011.  How are you doing that MM?
2011 was one fine year contrary to what a lot of other folks had.  We have beau-coup work lined up too.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

Magicman

:-[ :-[  It's obvious that I am an old man and am living in the past.  2011 2012.   :)

I guess I had better edit.    ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Chuck White

I'm hoping that I'll get more jobs lined up before Spring!

I have 3 jobs now that should average out to around 3500 bf each and one that will most likely end up being around 7500 bf.

We'll just have to wait and see what comes out in the wash.
~Chuck~  Cooks Cat Claw sharpener and single tooth setter.  2018 Chevy Silverado and 2021 Subaru Ascent.
With basic mechanical skills and the ability to read you can maintain a Woodmizer  LT40!

customdave

My mill has been away from home 6 days shy of a year on the same job, don't expect to finish for another 3 months. Have 5 more jobs booked , all fair sized jobs, so my mill is booked to well into 2014! Man these days just ain't long enough! Play safe everybody!  8)

Dave
Love the smell of sawdust

clww

We start building our retirement cabin in Highland County near the end of February.
That will be a better year when we start. I plan to start a thread in another section on here, so keep watching.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

mandolin

I plan to start on my wife's house this spring. Got all my framing sawed. Sawing white oak flooring right now.
2008 Hudson 228
1945 Boice-Crane Planer
1953 Ford Jubilee Tractor
Husqvarna 455 Rancher
Dehumidification kiln
Complete cabinet/furniture shop
Professional turkey boxcall tuner

Kansas

Kind of like Cedarman. If 2012 is as good as 2011, things should be good. Do plan on trying to increase the kiln dried lumber sales. Also kicking around the notion of bringing in some other woods that we don't have here and reselling those, as cash flow allows. I have also considered trying to expand more into value added kiln dried lumber. With used industrial woodworking equipment so cheap, seems like if there was a time to do it, now would be the time.

And don't feel bad, Magicman. I will be dating my checks 2011 at least until July, maybe later.

Thank You Sponsors!