iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Dinning Table

Started by Bill Gaiche, November 15, 2011, 09:39:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lud

Nice looking table!

ack before I got my little sawmill, about 15 years ago,  I built our 12' dining table out of walnut from a log I'd dropped here at the farm and which my brother's father-in-law  had sawed at an Amish sawmill .  He was my friend and we stacked the wood up in the top of the barn for ten years or so before he passed.  I spoke at his funeral about our woodworking together and how he was after me to mirror match those walnut boards into a table.

So , I used the woodburning pen on the underneath side  to dedicate the table to him , telling the whole story of where the wood came from, where it was cut and dried and capturing the whole provenance of the table.  It will be a family heirloom and the facts will never get away. So turn that table over and capture the facts for your descendants!
Simplicity mill, Ford 1957 Golden Jubilee 841 Powermaster, 40x60 bankbarn, left-handed

Magicman

Wow Bill, I missed this.  What a wonderful way to enjoy Thanksgiving on your own craftsmanship.  And for many more Holidays and years to come.   smiley_thumbsup
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

TreeWinder

Want to see the turkey on the table...   very nice
Ed
041 056S 056M
MS660 070 084
CS670
Baker 18M
Komatsu D-21-P ,
Speeco 35T

Riggs

Beautiful Table, and Lud, thats a really good idea.
Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another.~Ernest Hemingway

Norwood ML 26

Thank You Sponsors!