iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Accuset 2 error message

Started by JSR, January 11, 2012, 07:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JSR

Hello everybody. I am a newcomer to forestry forum. Have been impressed with everyones thoughts and ideas. I am in need of some of that wisdom to help work through a problem.                                             
Have an LT 70 with Accuset 2 which is showing me Error- transducer problem. Cannot reset error. Head will lower in manual but will not raise. Went and installed new H- bridge (upgraded) which now allows saw head to travel in both directions, but still have error message. Next changed cable from bridge to transducer, but still have error message. Am hoping I don't have to change transducer (pricey). My WM tech says he has only seen one fail and it was bent. Am I missing something? Been through the connections many times. Voltage is good, on the diagnostic screen, controller voltage is around 13.5 volts with engine running. Anyways, I am stumped. Any input will be much welcomed.
LT70HD62, WM edger. Love Lumber.

Magicman

I can not help you but Welcome to the Forestry Forum.   :)
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Welcome JSR. I'm not familiar with your problem. I have the LT40. However I do hope your problem is like most of mine.....something very simple I have just over looked. I'm sure Woodmizer can help you figure it out.

We're on your side!

Good-Luck!
David
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

John_Haylow

Welcome to the forum JSR. Sorry I can't help you with your problem. I also have Accuset 2 but I have never had a problem. How far are you from Lindsay? It may be worth the drive and let Brian have a look at it. Good luck with it.

John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

Magic Smoke

JSR,
The bridge is responsible for reading the Transducer signal, the error simply means that the bridge is not seeing the signal. The problem is the Transducer, Transducer cable running from sensor to box, the cable(s) inside the box, or the bridge. Transducers are pretty durable and you've already replaced the sensor cable and bridge, I would take a look at the cable(s) inside the box that the sensor cable hooks to. Also, sometimes those round connectors can fool you into thinking they are on all the way, make sure you slightly wiggle them a little as you're hand tightening the nut as they tend to bind a little as they're being installed (especially on the Transducer). If it's not the cable inside the box, have WM send you another Transducer cable (external one that you just replaced) before moving towards the Transducer itself, it's possible they sent you a defective cable.

zopi

Magic...I love your sig line...sometimes that is the only way to find the weak spot...
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

petefrom bearswamp

I have had that message several times and after consulting with Kyle at Hanibal have taken the transducer cable loose on both ends, blown it to insure that  it is clean and tightened properly.
This has Taken care of the problem until the next time
Pete
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

JSR

Thanks to everyone who replied to this post. Today, I changed the transducer with high expectations, drove through snow storm to pick up parts. You New York boys are probably getting it too. Anyways, get it installed, go turn on key and my error message is still there. Tend to think that Magic Smoke is right about the inside wiring harness. Four items to possibly change and have replaced three of them. Hope I can get harness tomorrow. Oh yes, petefrombearswamp your tech tip will be first up tomorrow morning.
LT70HD62, WM edger. Love Lumber.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

JSR....Everyone knows I hate cold weather!  :D

But my question is ....is it POSSIBLE.....just POSSIBLE......It could be the cold weather?

If you took a hair dryer and warmed everything up, the error might go away. I know I'm out on a limb and somebody's waiting to cut the limb with the chainsaw.... :D :D but this thought just went through my mind.

I saw this work on an outdoor radio system once, but not a mill.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!