iDRY Vacuum Kilns

un read post link

Started by Raider Bill, February 05, 2009, 11:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raider Bill

Jeff,
What happened to the unread post link that used to be on top?
Is it me.................

Thanks
Bill
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Raider Bill

never mind I found it.............
Guess it is me.

Radar67

It's still there, just changed a little. (Might need to clear your browser cache) I noticed Jeff doing some work on it last night.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

Jeff

Trying to organize and condense a little bit. I'm not sure if I like what I have yet or not. If you notice  something that was there before, and aint there now, look at the forum extras link. I may rename that yet to something else.

Any ideas for that?

Additional Information? something like that?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Radar67

A link to the crash archive needs to be added to the extra box. Maybe add the drop down box to the Help button and link to the picture posting thread and such.

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

Jeff

Yep, forgot the crash archive.  How about the search, do you like that ok?  Might save a page loading or two for some people.  I've seen that done other places and it took me a bit to work out a way to do it here.

Yes, I think I can do something with the help as well. :)

SwampDonkey

I thought my eyes were failing me for a moment because as I loaded a link from email to the forum my mouse moved over the menu and a drop down appeared. It went bye so fast as the page was loading I thought it was just an image icon shifting on the page.  :D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Radar67

The search is good, might be better to open a new window for the results though.

Jeff

We didn't get a new window with the old way, what would be the added benefits of opening in a new window? I could do it easy enough I think.

Radar67

I like to open everything in a new window or tab, saves me time in the long run. I can have 15 or more windows or tabs opening while I am reading another post. Opening a search from the same window will cause you to have to navigate back to the main page when you are done, instead of just closing the window. Maybe we should see what everyone else thinks? I may be odd in the way I surf.  :)

Jeff

:D

Yea, that's a problem. You gotta read peoples minds some times and thats a pretty tough this to do. Everything I'm working on might be considered detrimental to some. Its not so much as we need it done, but I'm bored. :D

Radar67

Do we need to commision another wood burning project?

Jeff

Not right at the moment. Doing this is a totally different mind set then wood burning. I gotta do that when one of my other personalities is in charge. ;)

RynSmith

For the record, I've always appreciated the fact that links to other posts, etc. open in another window.  Not all sites do that and I don't necessarily want to leave the page I'm on.  Guess I'm with Radar on this one.

beenthere

Jeff
To change subject slightly, but to tweak your boredom, is it possible to put a button for "pasting a photo" in the window (now have to scroll down to find it) where the photo from the gallery pops up?

Just seems that is one move (scrolling down) that isn't intuitive to the picture posting routine (which is now light years ahead of where it used to be, and back then it wasn't that terrible).  :) :)

I've no idea if it is even possible, or worth the time to try to eek it out.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

I'm just reminded of what Tom's comments were when you couldn't leave nothing alone in earlier times. :D :D

Sometimes those that are already frustrated are more frustrated when they have to change their mouse clicks to satisfy the new order of things.  :-\
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Raider Bill

Quote from: beenthere on February 05, 2009, 01:45:58 PM
Jeff
To change subject slightly, but to tweak your boredom, is it possible to put a button for "pasting a photo" in the window (now have to scroll down to find it) where the photo from the gallery pops up?

What do you mean change the subject? Little late for that :D

Jeff

Not likely tht will I mess with that. It may sound like something easy to do, but the way the gallery is coded, it might take me days to figure out how to move it again from where it is.  I'm not willing to spend days again on it because someone can't scroll down two inches. :)  No matter how much i improve the system, there will always be someone that has trouble with it.

My motto on photos now?

"Don't make it any simpler so the simpletons can do it to." ;)