iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Forestry winch PTO or Hyd

Started by Mt406, April 29, 2019, 09:52:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mt406

I know very little about forestry winches but I was thinking of mounting one on my  skid steer.
Can one be driven with a hyd motor to the PTO shaft. 
It would be mounted on JD 317 skid steer it weights 7000-8000 lb hyd pumps 18-20 gal/min.
I am looking at the pros and cons any opinions.
And any recommended brands.

Scott 

AnvilRW

Timely.  I just took delivery of a Farmi JL501 skid steer forestry winch today.  It's all hydraulic.  It can mount on the front of my Bobcat CTL or Toolcat.  I went with this model as it basically the only one I could find for skid steers that could run 300' of cable on it and still have decent pulling strength (11,000lbs max).
"A man with any character at all must have enemies and places he is not welcome—in the end we are not only defined by our friends, but also those aligned against us."

Mt406

What is the hyd spec of that unit.. 
I happened to find one of those 501s in a town close to me. They're asking 2950 for it from the pictures it has been used hard almost no paint left on it.
In my investigating into this I found the Surplus Center Carrie's PTO Motors but you have to match your hydraulic system and attachment you're using with it.
I will have to do more research to find out what horsepower at the PTO they're talking about not just tractor horsepower.
I think that JL 501 is rated at 35 horsepower. 
My 317 John Deere is rated at 57 horsepower hydraulic output 17 gallons a minute at 3400 PSI not sure how that would work into horsepower I'll have to contact Surplus Center and talk to their technical people.

Scott

thecfarm

Not that it matters,I have a Norse 450,PTO type,that has not much paint on it. Gets used weekly and I betcha it pulls just like a brand new one which has shiny paint on it.  ;D Mine has only been off the tractor a few times since 1993 and tractor and winch is under cover when not in use.Not much that goes wrong with a PTO winch, have never been around a hyd one. 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Thank You Sponsors!