iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

X-mas paper holder/cutter

Started by Jim_Rogers, December 11, 2023, 10:18:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Rogers

My wife's son invented this paper roll holder.

You fill it with all your rolls of paper and when you need some for your package/present you put the one you want under the cutter bar:

And rip it off.

She used it for the first time today.

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

doc henderson

Looks great and functional.  Would be great for retailers.  I see he chose NE Greenhorn Brown for the color.  what material and dimensions are the cutter strip?  It has fasteners that are sticking up, does it float up and down?  is it rigid?  Thanks.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Jim_Rogers

Quote from: doc henderson on December 11, 2023, 10:26:07 AM
what material and dimensions are the cutter strip?

Quote from: doc henderson on December 11, 2023, 10:26:07 AM
does it float up and down?  is it rigid?

it is a metal strip, and it is rigid, and it move up and down to slide the paper under when loading for cutting.

here is a shot of the dowel slots:

Jim Rogers
Whatever you do, have fun doing it!
Woodmizer 1994 LT30HDG24 with 6' Bed Extension

doc henderson

I am not sure if I will make one, but if I do, I will benefit from the information.  Might sell at flea markets Tom and Howard!  Thanks Jim.  I might consider one that hangs on a wall, and I have an old spring loaded meatal strip that was used to tear paper.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

SwampDonkey

Great idea for folks doing lots of gift wrapping and different patterned paper. Pretty slick I bet. Seen one roll paper cutters, for cutting meat wrap and stores used to cut it that way for cheese they cut straight off a cheese wheel. Had a sawtooth edge though as the paper was waxed and heavier.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!