iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

c4 Tree Farmer (can car) skidder gpm hydaulic requirements

Started by maine tree farmer, December 30, 2010, 10:05:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

maine tree farmer

:o I have a 1964 c4 Tree Farmer skidder that needs a replacement hydraulic pump. can anyone get me gpm requirements for this skidder?? A replacement for the existing pump, an old Webster that we can no longer get parts for, is a whopping $1100.
Thanks, Andy

ga jones

davco farmington maine they have what you need in stock I just got one there 207-778-9060
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

Autocar

You may try [ surpluscenter.com ] they carry alot of hydraulic pumps and hoses , Ive had very good luck with them
Bill

oldseabee

I know that the small Clark skidders have a 23 GPM pump, I would guess that the C4 would have similar hydraulic demands. Most Pump houses can measure the old pump gears and figure the GPM and give you a similar pump, main thing is that the shaft, port sizes and locations and mounting matches the old pump. You can adapt fittings to match your hoses.

maine tree farmer

Thanks for all your help, stand by. I'll keep you Posted

ga jones

you got the pump from davco? 225.00 he said he sold one for a gas engine last week.
380c timberjack c4 treefarmer international trucks jonsered saws. Sugi hara bars d31 komatsu 350 tj grapple

maine tree farmer

Yep, I went to Davco on Tues. the 4th, with my old pump. John at the parts counter was just super, he had a few options for me including a used pump that was a little too long for the space available in front of the engine (172ci. Ford diesel ), so he called a supplier with the proper rotation, rpm, etc., and I expect it UPS today or Mon.

ga jones

John has an unlimited amount of info on these old tree farmers. And they have just about every part on them right down to individual gears in the transfer case for my 1963....There arnt dealers of new machines that have the knowledge of davco..

mad murdock

quality controls corp. in Ill. is the current owner of the Danfoss-Webster line of Hydraulics.  depending on what model you have, there probably is a modern replacement for it.  A good hydraulic shop should be able to tell you what you could use, if you can not get yours fixed.  I have a '64 Garrett (Tree Farmer), it has the belt driven hydraulic pump.  Eaton makes most of the new stuff that is any good these days.  Over the last several years they have bought up Cessna Hydraulics, Vickers Hydraulics, and Feywick, I am sure there is a slew of others they have bought up as well.  AS far as the Webster-Danfoss go, we use some of those in our equipment at work, and we have been able to get most parts for them.  Have to go through their distributor network, but they do support their stuff (Quality Controls, Inc.). BTW, if you know the RPM range and the Cu In/rev capacity of the pump you have, all you need to do then is match size for size, get the shafting you need and bolt on a pump.  Most of the pump OEM's supply their products with a plethora of shaft options and such, again, a good hydraulic shop should be able to set you up.  I would guess a new pump for my machine would run in the $300-400 range from suppliers we use in our region of the US.
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

maine tree farmer

Thanks Mad,
There is a good source about 60 mi from where I live (see my post above ), I'm in the process of fitting the new pump, a Prince. Quite reasonable at $260.  Waiting for a new shaft, I'll keep you posted.

By the way I loved the photos of the old Garrett/Can Car stuff on your profile.

Thanks

mad murdock

That ad brochure I got from the Late Don Garrett, you can read the Garrett skidder support post, there is alot of good info in that thread.  I love my Garrett!
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

maine tree farmer

The new pump from Davco could not be better. I just spoke to John (at Davco) and he was pleased with the feedback from me. It is an American made pump using a CNC machine, and I was "the guinea pig". So far so good.

I'd like to thank g.a. jones for your Davco push, I was trying to stay closer to home which was not the way to go. They are the best. John really took the time, and, for less than $300. 8)

mad murdock

Wow! that is a pretty good deal on a new pump.  What are the specs on the pump? Cu. In. capacity/rev, etc.  Davco is the jobber you bought it through? What is the name of the Mfg?

Retired-Jack

When the pump went on the Timberjack 201 (1963 Ford 172D), I went to a hydraullic shop and they ordered a replacement pump with the same specs for around $300, and it has worked very well for years.
Tj 201 Patu loader SMG Sawmill

SBeange

You referred to a C4B Can Car Tree Farmer log skidder. Is it a diesel? Gas or diesel what make and cubic inch displacement is the engine.

I am researching these skidders and trying to determine the make and model of the engines.

Appreciate any info you can provide.

Thanks,

Scott

lumberjack48

Third generation logger, owner operator, 30 yrs felling experience with pole skidder. I got my neck broke back in 89, left me a quad. The wife kept the job going up to 96.

ga jones

the engines for can-car tree farmer. gm 353 diesel,ford 220 diesel ford 172 gas.b series skidders. Thats right out of my parts manual.

Thank You Sponsors!