iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Debarker concept

Started by shenandoahsawmill, February 28, 2013, 01:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shenandoahsawmill

Thought Id share an idea for a debarker concept that is kinda whacky but pretty effective for heavy bark. Basically a small demolition hammer with a digging spade welded to an old chisel point bit. You can just start the curved tip of the shovel under the bark with the curved inside face of the shovel facing the log and push the go button on the hammer. Really goes to town. Have to remember to just use the hammer setting and not the rotary hammer setting or it will turn into more of a handfull than you want to mess with. Kinda like when a big half inch drill bites into something and spins you around only worser. :(

clww

That is a dang good idea! 8)
Where are you located?
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

shenandoahsawmill

Thanks CLWW. Kinda fun to think outside of the bun as they say at Taco He!!  I am 10 miles east of Winchester Va. near Berryville. Cows for neighbors. Drop on by if you are in my neck of the woods. Gary

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I'd love to see this thing work on Video.....maybe this thing should be made into a movie.  :)

Good idea......I think.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

clww

Too far north for me. I try to stay south of Fredericksburg.
Many Stihl Saws-16"-60"
"Go Ask The Other Master Chief"
18-Wheeler Driver

drobertson

Good idea, I suppose, I would like to see it in action too!    david
only have a few chain saws I'm not suppose to use, but will at times, one dog Dolly, pretty good dog, just not sure what for yet,  working on getting the gardening back in order, and kinda thinking on maybe a small bbq bizz,  thinking about it,

thecfarm

Are you related to Dangerous Dan.  ;D   :D Good idea.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

outerbanxer

This machine is definitely not OSHA approved....so therefore I like it ;D

moandrich

I love when people think out of the box, nice job!
woodmizer lt 40HD  2007
Kubota RTVX1100 2019
Kubota L3940   2009

sigidi

Another vote for a video....

so lets see one hey??
Always willing to help - Allan

dblair

are you going to have this at the sawmill at Berryville ?  I want to see it work on some logs .
old Appomattox Iron Works circle mill.

loggah

It ought to dig postholes like crazy also ! ;D Don
Interests: Lombard Log Haulers,Tucker Sno-Cats, Circular Sawmills, Shingle Mills, Maple Syrup Making, Early Construction Equipment, Logging Memorabilia, and Antique Firearms

shenandoahsawmill

Don't know about a video. Too many logs to chase to find the time to fool with that. You will just have to put one together for yourself and give it a try. Let me know if you come up with an improovement. I am all about trying to make something better. If you are passing through the area you can try it for yourself. I am always sawing or chasing logs on the weekends. Gary

Magicman

There was a yesterday that I might have enjoyed running that, but that was yesterday.   :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

1woodguy

interesting concept!
  have to say that I haven't seen one of those.
Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

Thank You Sponsors!