iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Greetings all! From new member.

Started by Markus, February 22, 2006, 10:34:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Markus

I've been lurking here for a while and this is a great site. I recently inherited the family woods. 196 acres of briars and swamp. There is a little timber ready for harvest but I decided to wait until I'm a little more educated on timber sales before I bid it out. I plan on moving out there in the next year and a small mill is definitely part of the plans. I plan on managing the woods for timber production. Everyone thinks I'm crazy for not selling to a developer but I want to keep it in the family. I walked in those woods with my Great Grandfather and Lord willing I'll walk in them with my great grandson some day. Thanks for all the great knowledge I've already picked up here and I apologise for all of the very basic questions that I'll probably ask in the future. Here's one now. Any good use for Virginia pine? Mostly 14"-16"DBH 1 or 1.5log trees.

Jeff

Good for you Markus and welcome to the Forestry Forum!
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

UNCLEBUCK

Welcome Markus  8)  Build a log cabin  ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Coon

Welcome Markus.  Come on in and sit for a while.  There is alot of potential for you here to learn.  Don't feel shy or think that any question is a stupid one.  We've all had to learn somewhere and somehow.  I don't think there has ever been a day since I first joined the FF that I have never leaned something.  After a while everyone here seems to grow on you and they'll feel just like family to you too. ;D
Brad.
Norwood Lumbermate 2000 w/Kohler,
Husqvarna, Stihl and, Jonsereds Saws

iain

Welcome Markus

dont worry, cause it dont really matter what you ask, as every question is a basic question to someone (not any one here though, so do be carfull not to ask any that require more than fingers and thumbs :D)

and help your self in spades to the knowledge base

iain

isassi

DoubleD

Welcome to the Forestry Forum this is a great place where you could learn everything about trees, logging, sawmilling and much more 8) 8) 8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

tnlogger

gene

thedeeredude

red

welcome markus 

any questions just ask away ....

my fav site for info  is from  doug in utah   sawyerswebpage

check it out 
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

getoverit

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

bull

Markus, welcome aboard.
Im extending you a handshake " save the family land" it can't be replaced. and your great grandfather must have had the same thought.. Its money in the bank and all the greedy people will never understand...
Live for the future. If you only live for today there will be no fun tommorrow.  Let them be Jealous 8) 8) 8) 8)...

Don K

Welcome Markus, a fine place you have joined.        :)
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

Markus

Thanks for the welcome folks. Red that is an incredible link. Thanks

Thank You Sponsors!