iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood-Mizer Mills

Started by JD350Cmark, February 28, 2004, 09:42:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pank

High horsepower, higher rim speed, thicker blade, with proper blade tension and blade guides means:

more performance(higher feed rates with higher cut quality).

Bibbyman

Hay Pank.  Where'd you come from?  Welcome to the FF.  
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

newguy

Hello all WM owners,

Does WM still use cam followers mounted at 45 degree angles on the round bar to run their carriage back and forth?  I know they did that on earlier models but I wasn't sure if they still do that or if they had gone to a v-groove type wheel.  

I am building a mill and I am trying to decide which way to go.  Does anyone have any input on the WM carriage design?  Is it pretty trouble free?

Thanks,

Newguy
Still buildin', soon to run home brew cant. head

Bibbyman

The cam followers set at 45 degree were on the older WM mills until a few years ago.  The newer mills have the same cam followers on top and horizontal.  The cam followers one the new LT70 series are about twice the size as the ones on the LT40 series.

No V-grove have been used to my knowledge.
Sawing since '94

newguy

Bibbyman,

Thanks.  I am not sure I know what you mean though.  One lays across the top of the round bar and one rides up against the side?  Do they have one on each side of the round bar?

Bibbyman

I'm pretty sure there is one on top and one on the left side on the top side of the rail.  Just one on the inside of the bar on the bottom side.  

There are a set in front and back of the headrig – making 6 cam bearings total.  
Sawing since '94

newguy

Thanks for the help Bibbyman.  Wish I could afford to just go buy a WM but it aint in the cards right now.

Fla._Deadheader

There's an older model WM on the For Sale Page. 1990 Model
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

JRC

And tomorrow it will have a brand new 25HP Command Kohler on it. The block has cracked on the Onan, about the same Hours and same place as the first Onan. If intrested contact me.

newguy

I'd like to have it JRC but I am half way into building my own.  Got too much time and $$ in to quit now.

Thank You Sponsors!