Sponsors:

glue

Started by Dan_Shade, September 30, 2012, 08:09:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woodey

TITEBOND II

and

TITEBOND III

Good Price by the Gallon, Great Results!

WOODMIZER LT40HDD34CAT w/accuset
JLG SKYTRAK 6036 Telescopic Forklift
NYLE L200 KILN
BAKER M412 MOULDER

SwampDonkey

I actually like Lepages the best, but Titebond is cheaper and I can get it by the gallon at Lowes for the same price as an 800 ml Lepage bottle. Lepage says a bond strength of 2 tonnes (metric). I have had Titebond separate in ash at the board ends, and the ash was air dried for years. Lepages has never done that. It's made in Ohio, but have not recalled seeing it on store shelves in Maine.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

1woodguy

Generally use titebondII most of the time
don't like gorilla glue but bil had me make a project with a foreign imported wood dont remember the name wooded seemed greasy and he
and was told to use gorilla and I didnt know what else to use
   Used hide glue years ago as a teenager helped a fella restore antiques that's all he used
Experience is a rough teacher first you get the test later comes the lesson!

ely

i used the regular glue to make my door panels for the exterior door on my house, made of oak 1 1/4 inch thick. i used a bisquit joiner to put em together, while i was trimming the panels to fit my buddy says that would never hold. i hand ed him a strip off the side where it ran across the joints, told him to break this and see.
he hurt his knee trying to break the strip, fianally stomp it all to pieces and not one break in the glue joints.

Dodgy Loner

I use Titebond II and Titebond III pretty much exclusively. I've always wanted to try liquid hide glue, but I can't get it at the hardware store, and I don't feel like ordering it online, so I never have. I really don't have much interest in trying hot hide glue. I will say that after repairing quite a bit of furniture over the years, I much prefer dealing with the hide glue! I have no doubt that if my furniture is still around in 100 years, my ancestors will be cussing me if they ever have to repair a joint :D
"There is hardly anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse and sell a little cheaper, and the people who consider price only are this man's lawful prey." -John Ruskin

Any idiot can write a woodworking blog. Here's mine.

Thank You Sponsors!