iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Grits Casserole

Started by DanG, May 02, 2010, 11:30:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjmk98k

Well, has anyone made this and if so, how was it?

and why the objection to Heinz??? the ONLY Ketchup...
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

DouginUtah

Heinz = John Kerry's wife.  :D
-Doug
When you hang around with good people, good things happen. -Darrell Waltrip

There is no need to say 'unleaded regular gas'. It's all unleaded. Just say 'regular gas'. It's not the 70s anymore. (At least that's what my wife tells me.)

---

jjmk98k

Oh Dang, i forgot about that..... but growing up outside of Pittsburgh... its the ONLY brand for us...

now I'm bummed.
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Tom

You can use Hunt's and still have a big "H" on the table.   :D

Jeff

We use Brooks Catsup, although at times it is hard to find.  It's a Tangy catchup.  I buy Brooks catsoup mostly because it works best in recipes. I personally use very little ketchup as a condiment.

Besides, they have the biggest bottle.
http://www.catsupbottle.com/
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jjmk98k

Hum... now I have to find a new Ketchup... Hunts... eeww

Id rather just dunk stuff in BBQ sauce, some flavor that way!

Jeff, is the Brooks a local thing? I never saw that brand before...but i see they sell online....
Jim

Jeff

I think it must be pretty regional, even around here its hit and miss who has it.
A link on that same website might give a little more info
http://www.catsupbottle.com/faqs.html

jjmk98k

Hum, guess Ill hafta order some to try out....
Jim

WDH

thecfarm,

It is obvious from your post that you harbor a deep seated grits curiosity :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Gary_C

But curiosity is what killed the cat.   ::)

Be careful here thecfarm, they might be trying to do you in with some of them grits. Those secret societies can be devious.   :D :D
Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.

thecfarm

Been singled out before on here.   ;D  I'm ready for the next onslaught.  :D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

WDH

Hey, you are my favorite grits basher  :D  :D.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

MFinity

Quote from: Gary_C on May 05, 2010, 02:51:14 AM
Guess all the rest of the northern guys with taste buds left are afraid to speak up.  :D :D

"Northern guy" here. Still recovering from the shock.  :o
Maybe when my fingers have stopped twitching so bad...  ;D

Kas

Hey, I recognize that catsup bottle.  It's DanG near right in my back yard. Well, it would be if my backyard was five or ten miles deep.

But I do drive by it most every week.

Collinsville, IL.

Brooks no longer processes there, but the town and Brooks, still maintain the bottle.
Scott

Burlkraft

Beenthere has his own catsup bottle down at The Rox.

I think it's called Melinda's or sumpthin' like that.

He walks in and on the bar without a word being said is a can...no glass...of Diet Pepsi and the bottle of Melinda's  ;D  ;D  ;D

Then Tom says ,"Christine's fan club is here!"

Then we have burgers   musteat_1 musteat_1 musteat_1 musteat_1

Mmmmmmm burgers......  ;D
Why not just 1 pain free day?

Norm

Uhhh does Mrs' Beenthere know about Christine....and if she doesn't how much is it worth for me not to say anything. ;D

Burlkraft

I don't think Mrs. Beenthere's got anything to worry about.   ::)  ::)  ::)   We just gotta be nice to her so we get some decent service.

Christine may look all cute and innocent, but underneath I'm sure she has a pair of horns and a DanG sharp pitch fork!! teeter_totter teeter_totter

We both feel pretty sorry for Mr. Christine. He was such a good young man too.......

Then of course Beenthere starts pushin' her buttons......... ::) ::) ::)

And I gotta smooth it out  :D :D :D

fishpharmer

For the last few days I have been craving Grits Casserole.  Yesterday morning I woke up early and fixed a big pot of grits.   I used two cups.  Then I cooked up some patty deer sausage (from duaghters deer ;D) and broke it up into little chunks.  Then twelve eggs went in with the hot grits.  The sausage chunks were mixed with the gritty eggs, then poured in a casserole dish.  This was topped with grated cheese.  I baked it for 30 minutes at 375.   It may not look good to you.  Let me tell you it tasted great ;D ;D

Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

WDH

Now that all those Northern frozen types that are withstanding the big blizzard are snowbound, maybe their grits sensibilities will soften a bit  :).

Then again, maybe not  :D.

Fish,

That looks tasty and probably makes DanG crave some fried mullet on the side. 

fishpharmer

A nice hot bowl of grits would warm em right up. :)

I could go for some fresh fried mullet on the side myself.  No mullet here.  Guess I will settle for fried catfish :)
Built my own band mill with the help of Forestry Forum. 
Lucas 618 with 50" slabber
WoodmizerLT-40 Super Hydraulic
Deere 5065E mfwd w/553 loader

The reason a lot of people do not recognize opportunity is because it usually goes around wearing overalls looking like hard work. --Tom A. Edison

Magicman

All that baby needs is eating..... digin_2
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Jeff

Yea, I'd have Nooo problem eating on that.  :)

sandhills

Now...what part of that isn't suppose to look good? ???  Hope you all enjoy it, I gotta make me one of those :)

Burlkraft

Mmmmm that look awesome FF   8) 8) 8)

Norm

Now that looks darn good James!

Thank You Sponsors!