iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Gearmatic model 19 winch

Started by Stewart Logging, January 23, 2009, 02:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewart Logging

My drum does not want to freespool the winchline.  I can move the drum up and down with the side cover off.  I think I need to replace the inner bearing that supports the drum behind the bands.  Do I need to just replace the bearing or are there other adjustments I need to make?  The drum actually sits down on the brake drum bands.  If I lift up on the drum then it will freespool.  If anyone has replaced these drum bearings please advise.

Kodiakmac

Sounds like you may have quite a bit of wear there, so I'd have a really good look at seats, etc. while things were apart.
Robin Hood had it just about right:  as long as a man has family, friends, deer and beer...he needs very little government!
Kioti rx7320, Wallenstein fx110 winch, Echo CS510, Stihl MS362cm, Stihl 051AV, Wallenstein wx980  Mark 8:36

Ed_K

Sounds like you're going to be tearing it down  :( . I have a manual on it if you need part #s or diagrams.
Ed K

John Woodworth

Replace the inner  and outboard support bearing, it's not that bad a job, use lots of anti-seize when putting together, seal the case with sealer and use a double seal on roto seal.
Two Garret 21 skidders, Garret 10 skidder, 580 Case Backhoe, Mobile Dimension sawmill, 066, 046 mag, 044, 036mag, 034, 056 mag, 075, 026, lewis winch

Thank You Sponsors!